Space Quest II Remake Released!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Space Quest II Remake Released!

Post by MusicallyInspired »

SQ2 by Infamous Adventures is about to be released. The IA team is chatting with people at http://www.efnet.org/ for those interested in anticipation of its release. Put a name in the "webchat login" section and change the channel to #InfamousAdventures and then log right in.
Last edited by MusicallyInspired on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

It's now been released. I'm currently eagerly downloading. It's quite a size, at 459Mb.
MusicallyInspired

Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Nice :)
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Very fun remake. They've captured the playful spirit of the original. Like in the first room "That's no moon, it's on a space station". Loved it :).
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

timofonic wrote:Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?
Yes, it does use AGS 3.21.1115. Brilliant remake so far, exactly the one AGI game I always thought needed a remake. And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Bobbin wrote:And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.
Agreed.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Bobbin wrote:
timofonic wrote:Does it uses AGS? I hope to play it on the Linux port...

Anyone already tried it?
Yes, it does use AGS 3.21.1115. Brilliant remake so far, exactly the one AGI game I always thought needed a remake. And the way it has been done it really feels like being from Sierra's VGA era.
Damn, I need a nerdy week. Too much parties and such these days, I need to compile the AGS runtime and see it works.

Unfortunately, it seems the only sane port are the Android and PSP ones :/

AGS engine Android port
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

Alright, so I'd love to play some of these remakes. Am I correct to assume that they won't run with SCUMMVM on Android?

Do I need to use the AGS program instead?

And do the other remakes, like the KQ2 and KQ3 also use AGS?

Thanks!

Edit:

Forgot to ask... I'm on the Infamous Adventures site, isn't there another well-known group that makes remakes of Sierra games? And do they also use AGS?
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

rubejb wrote:Alright, so I'd love to play some of these remakes. Am I correct to assume that they won't run with SCUMMVM on Android?
No, not with ScummVM. But there is a AGS port for Android: http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=44768.0

It seems some people already used it to play the SQ2 remake on their Android phones. Any further questions concerning that port are probably best posted on that topic.
rubejb wrote:And do the other remakes, like the KQ2 and KQ3 also use AGS?
I think almost every fan adventure released today uses AGS. Some older fan adventures like SQ0 use AGI and thus are playable with ScummVM.
rubejb wrote: Forgot to ask... I'm on the Infamous Adventures site, isn't there another well-known group that makes remakes of Sierra games? And do they also use AGS?
AGD Interactive: http://www.agdinteractive.com/

They do also use AGS.
MusicallyInspired

AGS isn't a program that you need to run AGS games, it's a game engine. The games come with their own executables to run them. You don't need anything else. They're designed to run on modern systems out of the box.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

MusicallyInspired wrote:You don't need anything else. They're designed to run on modern systems out of the box.
.. unless your modern system isn't a Windows machine (such as an Android device), in which case you're going to need an AGS port rather than the Windows executable, no?
MusicallyInspired

Ah, I missed the part where he said specifically for an Android. My mistake.
robboten

Post by robboten »

The remake works nice on my Android. The only problem is that the engine doesn't support softkeyboard, and by that u can't save. But it's a good start! I'd prefer a scummvm solution but am happy with this step at least!