Fate of Atalntis Fighting ...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Red_Breast wrote:
Stevey_87 wrote:.. didn't know what it was for ages , i'd never heard of fm towns until this.... is this software really worth something ?? i paid 50p for a tescos bag full of 3.5inch floppies.
Was Atlantis the only CD?
I don't think I've come across anybody in the UK (Tescos) who has the FM Towns CD of the game (I'm sure there are some - I've just never met any). Nice find. I'd probably stick it up on EBay myself. As much as I'd love to donate it to the team I could use the cash.
Well if you never came across anyone with Indy4 FM-Towns CD you never came across anyone with Indy4 FM-Towns ;-). There shouldn't be a floppy version of it available.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

LordHoto wrote:
Red_Breast wrote:
Stevey_87 wrote:.. didn't know what it was for ages , i'd never heard of fm towns until this.... is this software really worth something ?? i paid 50p for a tescos bag full of 3.5inch floppies.
Was Atlantis the only CD?
I don't think I've come across anybody in the UK (Tescos) who has the FM Towns CD of the game (I'm sure there are some - I've just never met any). Nice find. I'd probably stick it up on EBay myself. As much as I'd love to donate it to the team I could use the cash.
Well if you never came across anyone with Indy4 FM-Towns CD you never came across anyone with Indy4 FM-Towns ;-). There shouldn't be a floppy version of it available.
Well I do know that but apologies if my post gave a different impression. I was just a little confused by a post by the person that started the thread. He (she?) said he got a bag with a load of cheap floppies and I thought 'but the game is a CD' so I asked if there were any more CDs or if Atlantis was the only one.

Would my post of made better sense if I just said 'I don't think I've come across anybody in the UK (Tescos) who has the FM Towns version of the game?'

Edit
I've just changed it in my original post from CD to version.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

athrxx wrote: Looking at the yellow manual card that shows the keyboard/mouse/joystick controls seems to verify this, too. I can't read Japanese, but the card shows a keyboard picture with descriptions for certain keys. There is no description for the number keys.
If it would help, I could translate the Japanese if you posted a scan of the card.
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Post by athrxx »

CaptainJei wrote:
athrxx wrote: Looking at the yellow manual card that shows the keyboard/mouse/joystick controls seems to verify this, too. I can't read Japanese, but the card shows a keyboard picture with descriptions for certain keys. There is no description for the number keys.
If it would help, I could translate the Japanese if you posted a scan of the card.
I might actually help, even though I don't think keyboard fighting is supported. You don't need to translate them. Just have a quick look and tell mewhether there is any reference to keyboard fighting and which keys are supposed to be used (if any).

http://tinypic.com/r/25i1wsk/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2ahi8pe/5
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

athrxx wrote:
CaptainJei wrote:
I might actually help, even though I don't think keyboard fighting is supported. You don't need to translate them. Just have a quick look and tell mewhether there is any reference to keyboard fighting and which keys are supposed to be used (if any).

http://tinypic.com/r/25i1wsk/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2ahi8pe/5
Nothing there makes any reference to keyboard fighting.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

KuroShiro beat me to it. They're all the general LucasArts control descriptions.