"This arrow is ..quite annoying..."

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

warpdesign

Post by warpdesign »

While I understand the fact it hasn't made it to a first official final release, I think you should had a note on the headline post, stating you have to try a daily build in order to have LOL support. It's quite misleading right now: I found myself trying at least 3 different versions (that worked in some previous svn hand made build) before finding this post :)
skybert

Thank you SO much

Post by skybert »

This is in truth amazing news! Thank you so much for doing this, playing Lands of Lore again brings back a ship load of good memories.

And amazingly enough, LoL still manages to captivate my attentions for hours on end.

The game plays flawlessly in ScummVM (so far) on my Debian box, the only thing I had to figure out, was to stop unclutter as it mysteriously grabbed my mouse cursor and centered it every couple of seconds, which was "rather annoying" to say the least :-)
balpat

Post by balpat »

I had this slight problem - I don't know if it's the game's fault or ScummVM's:

I forgot to visit the pod-room in the Draracle caves so I never got Lora as a companion.
No big deal, I thought, but suddenly, after visiting the Draracle, she's there and leaves the caves with me.

I'll restart the game anyway so I don't know if it will make any problems later in the game. Quite interesting.
athrxx
ScummVM Developer

Post by athrxx »

balpat wrote:I had this slight problem - I don't know if it's the game's fault or ScummVM's:

I forgot to visit the pod-room in the Draracle caves so I never got Lora as a companion.
No big deal, I thought, but suddenly, after visiting the Draracle, she's there and leaves the caves with me.

I'll restart the game anyway so I don't know if it will make any problems later in the game. Quite interesting.

That was actually a bug in ScummVM. I have committed a fix for that.
balpat

Post by balpat »

Then I'm glad I was able to help a little bit. Thanks!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

warpdesign wrote:While I understand the fact it hasn't made it to a first official final release, I think you should had a note on the headline post, stating you have to try a daily build in order to have LOL support. It's quite misleading right now: I found myself trying at least 3 different versions (that worked in some previous svn hand made build) before finding this post :)
Ok just did that now, missed this post ;-). Thank you for your suggestion.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Happy to report that this is completable with no major bugs as of the latest daily build.

The hit rate for melee attacks feels like it is a bit lower than it was in the original, but that may just be my faulty memory.

Anyway, great job!
Timar

Post by Timar »

Thanks for all the hard work involved in supporting LOL!

I have only one suggestion - it is not possible to use the walking controls on my notebook's keyboard layout. If custumizable controls, as it had ben proposed, would be to complex to realize, I would appreciate if it were possible to add just QWE/ASD for the walking controls, as those keys don't have any function and are avaiable on any keyboard.
raina

Post by raina »

Timar wrote:I have only one suggestion - it is not possible to use the walking controls on my notebook's keyboard layout. If custumizable controls, as it had ben proposed, would be to complex to realize, I would appreciate if it were possible to add just QWE/ASD for the walking controls, as those keys don't have any function and are avaiable on any keyboard
Yeah, still waiting for 3079569 to be reopened..
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

raina wrote:
Timar wrote:I have only one suggestion - it is not possible to use the walking controls on my notebook's keyboard layout. If custumizable controls, as it had ben proposed, would be to complex to realize, I would appreciate if it were possible to add just QWE/ASD for the walking controls, as those keys don't have any function and are avaiable on any keyboard
Yeah, still waiting for 3079569 to be reopened..
Thanks for pointing that out - reopened now that LoL is officially supported