Very new!!!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lgarciaac

Very new!!!

Post by lgarciaac »

Hi all,

I am trying to run Curse of monkey islad under WinXP. When trying to launch the game running:

Code: Select all

scummvm.exe -F -p"C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections" monkey
I get an error staying: "Game data not found". I have read, for this game I need:

RESOURCE folder
COMI.LA0
COMI.LA1
COMI.LA2

Located in the CDs. But where shall I copy these files?? I have tried creating a folder and and passing the foler as --extrapath="path to folder", and copying the files in the game directory: "C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections"

I will appreciate any help on this, no idea what else to try :(
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

How about running scummvm.exe?
Then
Right side of screen, "Add Game"
Browse into your Game datas subdir "C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections" and preferrably into the subdir where Monkey 3 resides
and then after adding the game double click on it

Just an idea...
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

lgarciaac wrote:I am trying to run Curse of monkey islad under WinXP. When trying to launch the game running:

scummvm.exe -F -p"C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections" monkey
"monkey" is not correct game ID for The Curse of Monkey Island.
here with correct game ID (try "scummvm -z" or "scummvm -t") and example path:

scummvm.exe -F -p"C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections\Monkey Island 2" comi
or you Add this game in ScummVM GUI.
lgarciaac

Thanks!!

Post by lgarciaac »

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out today and let you know the result.
lgarciaac

Post by lgarciaac »

Raziel wrote:How about running scummvm.exe?
Then
Right side of screen, "Add Game"
Browse into your Game datas subdir "C:\Games\LucasArts\Monkey Island Collections" and preferrably into the subdir where Monkey 3 resides
and then after adding the game double click on it

Just an idea...
Well, there comes my second problem. When I run the scummvm.exe, there is no way I can do anything. The pointer speed is extremely fast!!. I can't even click on "Add Game" since the pointer flies from one side of the console to the other.

Any idea what it could be?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Do you have any custom mouse software such as Logitech setpoint? This one has a specialized setting for games. Try changing the mouse speed there, or disable the specialized setting completely.

For my mouse, it's in "My mouse"->"Game settings" (the little chessboard piece on the left). Try disabling "Game detection". If that doesn't work, change "Speed and acceleration" in the right to "OS implementation".
lgarciaac

Post by lgarciaac »

Now it is working, the comi did the trick.

The mouse isn't working yet. I don't have any extra driver to configure, although I installed the recommended software, and there is no path to 'My Mouse'. The is only one tab and some information about the software.

I lowered the speed in the system configuration, but it didnt help.

Any other idea? :(
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I recall when I used Windows I used the Logitech software that came with it. The installer dumped shortcuts in the start menu, quick launch, system tray and desktop.
What make is the mouse? See if you can find the .exe in Windows Explorer. Whilst it installs the drivers in the Windows folder I'm sure the exe for the GUI to change the settings was in Program Files. Isn't there a mouse option in the Control Panel as well.
I'm basing this on Windows XP. I'd have no idea how Vista or 7 deal with the software that comes with mice.
As an aside I wonder what drivers come with Windows itself for it's own brand mice. Does it include drivers for all it's mice or is it just the generic mouse driver still?