How do you use the nightly build?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

anewhobby

How do you use the nightly build?

Post by anewhobby »

I posted this in the sticky thread but no one replied...

Can soone explain how I am meant to try this nightly builds? I downloaded the pack form the buildbot page linked in the 1st post in this thread

And there is a archive file wit ha TON of diffrent.pak files..

What do I do with them? I know that a .pak file is a "install" file.. but why is there is many...
anewhobby

Post by anewhobby »

After much pain and suffering I got this worked out! Thanks for some help from the scummvm irc channel.

1) - Uninstall your current copy of ScummVM. (Note this will loose you your save games unless you have used the save game path option to save your games to a specific folder, if you have done that after install you can point to same folder and your game files will show up)

2) Use AndroidZip to extract the engine files you wish to use. If you do not know, extract ALL of them.

This will extract a lot of data and a bunch of folders, the folder we are looking for is called "/mylib/armeabi" In here are all the engine files for the various engines that scummVM supports.

3) Run the scummvm.apak file ... this installs scummvm itself. (the GUI loader thing)

4) Run the app, go into options, select PATHS and set the PLUGIN PATH (4th button) to where you extracted the apaks and find the directory "/mylib/armeabi"

When you are doing this in the app itself you should see a mass of files named *.so in the file list if you are in the correct dir.

5) Hit OK and now set your game path as normal.. and it should now be able to recognize the game and add it to your game list so you can play it. You may need to restart the app for it to work.

WOOT!!!
Last edited by anewhobby on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumhead

Post by drumhead »

Thanks ! I finally managed to install it .
FMTOWNS of Monkey Island, yay.

I also tried Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and noticed there are issues with the graphics, anyone can tell me where / if I can report them ?

Thanks, scummvm rocking on my Asus Transformer !
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

drumhead wrote:Thanks ! I finally managed to install it .

I also tried Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis and noticed there are issues with the graphics, anyone can tell me where / if I can report them ?

Which version of ScummVM are you using?

As for reporting bugs, check forum rule 3a
drumhead

Post by drumhead »

**edit**
Nevermind, Just realized I was playing a patched version..

Hi, I am using 1.4.0git2350-ga607247 (Sep 16 2011)

I just registerd to Sourceforge and will report asap,
thanks !

DH

p.s.
forgot to mention that I was using my Italian version of FATE, I tried with the uk one and seems to be ok, I'll do some more testing and in case report..
md5 wrote:
drumhead wrote:Thanks ! I finally managed to install it .

Which version of ScummVM are you using?

As for reporting bugs, check forum rule 3a
:roll: