Backyard Soccer support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Retrodude

Backyard Soccer support

Post by Retrodude »

Just out of curiosity, how is the support for Backyard Soccer coming along? The newest update on the engine I could find (minus the April Fools day fiasco) is from more than a year ago. Have there been any major strides in the engine since then, or are the kids still stuck huddled in the corner of the field?
Main reason I'm asking is because the .ini settings of those games were recently added to the wiki. I was wondering if that is any indicator of the progress.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, we are about to get full support soon, the .ini settings were a side track of the main development, that is implementing game field logic. You may try daily build which now supports the game.

Eugene
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

sev wrote:Yes, we are about to get full support soon, the .ini settings were a side track of the main development, that is implementing game field logic. You may try daily build which now supports the game.
The only thing remaining is to fix a memory error after scoring a goal (The game plays a sound and then frees the data).
Retrodude

Post by Retrodude »

Thanks guys, I just tried the game with a daily build and it's working great. Actually, I should probably congratulate the development team since the game runs even faster than when I play it normally. Also, I haven't encountered the error clone mentioned, but an unidentified md5 checksum message appeared in the status window.
{"install.inf", 0, "eb9b0f829e9b4ef5fa92ab3912d59c63", 2309},
Oddly, the game is added anyway and works fine, which is why I didn't report this to the bug tracker.[/quote]
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Retrodude wrote:Also, I haven't encountered the error clone mentioned
You won't notice anything but a screeching sound after scoring a goal, not a crash or anything.
Retrodude wrote:

Code: Select all

{"install.inf", 0, "eb9b0f829e9b4ef5fa92ab3912d59c63", 2309},
Oddly, the game is added anyway and works fine, which is why I didn't report this to the bug tracker.
That's because it's picking up the file from Composer's detection. You don't need that file for ScummVM and you can just ignore that.