Flight of Amazon Queen on ScummVM.. only in english ?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DjDiabolik

Flight of Amazon Queen on ScummVM.. only in english ?

Post by DjDiabolik »

Hi boys.. i'm italian and i have try to play this freeware adventure.

From home page i have downloaded the Talkie version and the floppy version.. i have add this two version on ScummVM and i have set "Italian" on Option of games but when i start this Title the two version start only in english!

Because ?? The games freeware it's only the English version ?? It's no multilungual ??
Or it's a bug ?
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

At least the german version works. i don't know about other versions though.
theruler

Post by theruler »

I own the italian version.
Is there a procedure to submit an entire game to the team so it can be available for download on scummvm site?
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

DjDiabolik wrote:Hi boys.. i'm italian and i have try to play this freeware adventure.

From home page i have downloaded the Talkie version and the floppy version.. i have add this two version on ScummVM and i have set "Italian" on Option of games but when i start this Title the two version start only in english!

Because ?? The games freeware it's only the English version ?? It's no multilungual ??
Or it's a bug ?
It's only the English version. If it were multilingual or Italian, it would say it. I suppose we could make that a bit more clear at least.

But, no, we don't have the Italian version on the website right now.
fischkopf wrote:At least the german version works. i don't know about other versions though.
All known versions work in ScummVM.
theruler wrote:I own the italian version.
Is there a procedure to submit an entire game to the team so it can be available for download on scummvm site?
Please e-mail our mailing list. I'm sure we would love to be able to put it on our site.
Why would you want to buy the game (which is freeware) on iTunes and then only be able to use it on the iPhone version of their modified ScummVM?
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

oh yeah.. i aspect if it's possible to download italian version from scummvm.org.

Only a question 4 "theruler":
it's CD version or Floppy version ?
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

clone2727 wrote:Why would you want to buy the game (which is freeware) on iTunes and then only be able to use it on the iPhone version of their modified ScummVM?
That's not the interesting bit.

The interesting bit is that it's a subtitle pack so to speak. At least that's what it says.

It's just another option for the OP.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
clone2727 wrote:Why would you want to buy the game (which is freeware) on iTunes and then only be able to use it on the iPhone version of their modified ScummVM?
That's not the interesting bit.

The interesting bit is that it's a subtitle pack so to speak. At least that's what it says.

It's just another option for the OP.
What? Can you please tell me where it says subtitle pack?
This version is with English voices and Italian subtitles.

The following versions are also available on the AppStore:

English voices and English subtitles.
French voices and French subtitles.
German voices and German subtitles.
English voices and Spanish subtitles.
English voices and Hebrew subtitles.
Nowhere there does it say "subtitle pack".

There is nothing interesting about the iPhSoft version of FotAQ except that you don't have to jailbreak your iOS device to use it.
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

I said "so to speak".

That version linked comes with the Italien subtitles.

If anyone happens to play on an Apple device, might as well just purchase this version and be done with it.

Seeing that you don't this site doesn't have the Italian version it's another option for the OP.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:I said "so to speak".
"So to speak" means that it's somewhat like what you said; but in reality it's far from "subtitle packs".
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:If anyone happens to play on an Apple device, might as well just purchase this version and be done with it.
But that's just stupid. Hell, it's a free game. Why would anyone want to pay for something free? (As it would be, since we also added the Hebrew version as freeware) You've completely lost me on this one.
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

It's 2 bucks and does what the OP asked for. Assuming he is fine with playing it on the Apple.

Maybe you can "extract" the game and play it on the Windows version of ScummVM?

Either way, OP needs options / alternatives. Is it ok to download this game from other sites? If that's the case, just need to find a hosted version of the Italian version.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:It's 2 bucks and does what the OP asked for. Assuming he is fine with playing it on the Apple.
Yeah, but $2.00 is too much for paying for a free game!
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Maybe you can "extract" the game and play it on the Windows version of ScummVM?
Not without jailbreaking. And if you're jailbreaking, why would you use the iPhSoft port when you can just use regular ScummVM?
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Either way, OP needs options / alternatives.
Which is why I asked theruler to post to the mailing list so we can get it on the site!
Mau1wurf1997 wrote:Is it ok to download this game from other sites? If that's the case, just need to find a hosted version of the Italian version.
No, it would not be legal to download the game without the freeware notice.
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

clone2727 wrote:Yeah, but $2.00 is too much for paying for a free game!
Oh come on! 2 bucks too much?

That's just silly...

And why can't I download it if it's supposed to be freeware?

Another reason to rather buy it from a legit store IMO than downloading it...
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Oh come on! 2 bucks too much?
Paying any price for something that can be (legally) free is too much.
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:And why can't I download it if it's supposed to be freeware?
Because it wouldn't have the freeware license. I said that!!!!!
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Another reason to rather buy it from a legit store IMO than downloading it...
No, you clearly just don't get it. We don't offer it on the site because we never had it before nor has anyone requested it. We would probably be willing to offer it on the site as freeware (with the freeware license, that you could not get from downloading it elsewhere). And I thank theruler for mailing our list about the game.
Flo

Post by Flo »

clone2727 wrote:Not without jailbreaking. And if you're jailbreaking, why would you use the iPhSoft port when you can just use regular ScummVM?
No need to jailbreak. You can extract ipa files with any modern unzipper.