Simon2 highlight hotspots

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

luna.rockt

Simon2 highlight hotspots

Post by luna.rockt »

hi everyone,

i'm playing simon the sorcerer 2 on my ppc (acer n10) at the moment and i was wondering if there isn't a way to hightlight hotspots like in the pc version. you know, this feature, where all interactable items will be shown. in the pc version you can just press F10. on pocketscummvm unfortunately, there is no F10 key on the keyboard. does anyone of you has a workaround here? the screen on ppcs is so small, that this feature would be really usefull.
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Sorry for the thread-romancy, but I think this problem is still unsolved.

I'm playing SQ2 and having the same problem. When viewing the watch it says 'Press F10' to exit. Problem is, there is no F10 button and I don't see a way to map it.

Sorry if I missed something.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

luna.rockt wrote:hi everyone,

i'm playing simon the sorcerer 2 on my ppc (acer n10) at the moment and i was wondering if there isn't a way to hightlight hotspots like in the pc version. you know, this feature, where all interactable items will be shown. in the pc version you can just press F10. on pocketscummvm unfortunately, there is no F10 key on the keyboard. does anyone of you has a workaround here? the screen on ppcs is so small, that this feature would be really usefull.
Ravicai wrote:Sorry for the thread-romancy, but I think this problem is still unsolved.

I'm playing SQ2 and having the same problem. When viewing the watch it says 'Press F10' to exit. Problem is, there is no F10 button and I don't see a way to map it.

Sorry if I missed something.
Both of these problems were solved in the latest development version. Could you please download the latest nightly development build from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html (bottom line, left link) and check if it works for you now?

For AGI games, the "skip" button now also functions as F10; for Simon 1 + Simon 2 the multifunction button (you have to map it in the keyboard dialogue) now triggers the highlighting of hotspots.
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Still doesn't work in Space Quest 2 on 1.31 nor the latest dev build.

I setup a key for 'skip' and nothing happens. Incidently, when you are looking at your watch in SQ2 you can't even quit the game until after you've pressed F10 to return... unless you had a key assigned to quit.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

Whoops, seems I forgot to commit the changes to the upstream repository.. Sorry, will do this as soon as I come home from work and will report back then..
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

Ravicai wrote:Still doesn't work in Space Quest 2 on 1.31 nor the latest dev build.

I setup a key for 'skip' and nothing happens. Incidently, when you are looking at your watch in SQ2 you can't even quit the game until after you've pressed F10 to return... unless you had a key assigned to quit.
I've now (really ;) ) applied the patch upstream, so could you please re-check with a current nightly-build (stable or unstable) if it works for you too now? Thanks!
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Thanks for all these great job.
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Just tested it and it works great. Yay! SQ2 is now playable. Thanks!