I Have No Mouth compatibility?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jimmni

I Have No Mouth compatibility?

Post by Jimmni »

Has anyone else tried I Have No Mouth? Is it expected to work? I tried it but it makes ScummVM crash on launch for me. Works fine on my Mac, but unfortunately not my iPod.

Is there any chance it will be working in a future update? :D

Thanks!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

It should be working fine. The music only works in the PC version, but it's not supported yet in the the Mac version of the game. Which version have you got? (platform / language)

As for the iPod.... I'm not sure if ScummVM is running on that. I know that it's running on iPhone, but not iPod
Jimmni

Post by Jimmni »

On my Mac I was playing with the PC port, and the music did indeed work fine.

For the iPod, I've run through Indiana Jones FOA, Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle, and played about halfway through Sam and Max without problems.

When I run IHNMAIMS (wow, that's an acronym and a half) it goes to a black screen for a couple of seconds and then crashes. When I add the game it gives me a choice of languages and crashes on all of them.

Edit: The files I copied, as per the list at http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream are:

VOICESS.RES
VOICES6.RES
VOICES4.RES
VOICES5.RES
VOICES3.RES
VOICES2.RES
SFX.RES
VOICES1.RES
SCRIPTS.RES
PATCH.RE_
SCREAM.RES
MUSICGM.RES
MUSICFM.RES
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

I have no mouth isn't working on the iPhone at this time.
pin

Post by pin »

Is this still not working ?
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Seems like it doesn't - checked with the newest stable release and it crashed for me like described... :(

Is it going to be fixed someday?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Please file a bug report to our tracker
ellanceo

Post by ellanceo »

I have had this same issue for months, on several releases, including the new 1.3.1 which promised to fix these issues. Obviously it didn't. Not sure how to submit a bug to the tracker as there is no error log that I know of for the iPhone port. Has ANYONE got this to successfully work on the iPhone, if so what are we doing wrong?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

ellanceo wrote:I have had this same issue for months, on several releases, including the new 1.3.1 which promised to fix these issues. Obviously it didn't. Not sure how to submit a bug to the tracker as there is no error log that I know of for the iPhone port. Has ANYONE got this to successfully work on the iPhone, if so what are we doing wrong?
I don't think anyone was aware of that, the crashes mentioned were different ones.
ellanceo

Post by ellanceo »

LordHoto wrote:
ellanceo wrote:I have had this same issue for months, on several releases, including the new 1.3.1 which promised to fix these issues. Obviously it didn't. Not sure how to submit a bug to the tracker as there is no error log that I know of for the iPhone port. Has ANYONE got this to successfully work on the iPhone, if so what are we doing wrong?
I don't think anyone was aware of that, the crashes mentioned were different ones.
No sir, I guess I should have been more specific, I am experiencing the exact same crash mentioned, black/green screen for ~2-3 seconds then crash to Springboard upon launch, every time.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

ellanceo wrote:No sir, I guess I should have been more specific, I am experiencing the exact same crash mentioned, black/green screen for ~2-3 seconds then crash to Springboard upon launch, every time.
I talked about the issues the 1.3.1 release promised to fix. The issues fixed were the following:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=418820
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=418820

Thus I don't think anyone/anything claimed the iPhone issues were fixed.
Canone

Post by Canone »

Are we talking about iPod's problems or iPhone's? It used to work fine on iPhone, so the problem is with iPods only, and this problem wasn't fixed..
pin

Post by pin »

^^ It doesnt work on the iPad(1) either
eszeszesz

Post by eszeszesz »

Is ihnm still not working on the iphone?
AgustinCordes

Post by AgustinCordes »

I've been playing this game without issues on 1.3.1 compiled with latest Xcode and Lion. Tried it on iPad 2 although I don't see why it shouldn't work on the first one.