320x200

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

derboo

320x200

Post by derboo »

Would it be possible to have games running in 320x200 resolution displayed vertically centered in the future (when aspect ratio correction is turned on)?

Also, stretch to fullscreen mode (fullscreen and aspect ratio correction off) works only sporadically for me (on a Wiz)
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: 320x200

Post by DJWillis »

derboo wrote:Would it be possible to have games running in 320x200 resolution displayed vertically centered in the future (when aspect ratio correction is turned on)?
Maybe as an option, it's always easier to start from the top left pixel and just leave the black area at the bottom and your the 1st person to ask for such a feature. But I'll give it some thought if I can think of an easy way to do it.
derboo wrote:Also, stretch to fullscreen mode (fullscreen and aspect ratio correction off) works only sporadically for me (on a Wiz)
Can you provide a LOT more information on that statement, version of the backend used, game used, steps to reproduce it etc.. Is it occurring in low or high resolution games?

Without that sort of info it will most likely never get fixed unless I encounter it in my testing :wink:.
derboo

Re: 320x200

Post by derboo »

DJWillis wrote:Can you provide a LOT more information on that statement, version of the backend used, game used, steps to reproduce it etc.. Is it occurring in low or high resolution games?
Alright, here we go:
Version is 1.2.0svn52631 for GP2X Wiz
The bug applies to all 320x200 games I've tested (Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis, Maniac Mansion, the Leisure Suit Larry Games).

I did some more experimenting, and apparently, each time I start the program, the opposite of what is set will be used (so 320x200 with border when aspect ratio setting is off, stretched to 320x240 when it is on). Toggling the setting won't change anything. Only after I play a game and return to the launcher, changing the setting has an effect. From this point on the games will be displayed correctly following the setting, until I quit ScummVM. After a restart it's back to opposite again. So alternatively, I can just change it to the opposite of what I want, quit the program, start it again.

(I hope that's not too confusing, it's a bit complicated to explain)

Maybe related to this problem, I'm not sure: Each time I go to the launcher with aspect ratio correction off, it will be displayed in 320x200 with a black border at the bottom of the screen like in the games. When I drop back to the launcher from a game displayed in 320x240 (either a true 320x240 / 640x480 game or a stretched one after restarting), the rest of the last displayed game graphics will fill that border as long as I'm in the loader.
chocapic

Post by chocapic »

Hello,

I would have the very same request, since I'm experiencing the same problems. (I'm using a Caanoo, with the last version of scummvm)

Would it be possible to get a clean mode to launch 320x200 games without rescaling (black bar in bottom, or better black bars on top and under but as you said it seems harder to code)

Thanks a lot
BAFelton

Post by BAFelton »

Same problem here on my Caanoo.

Please fix it :D
chocapic

Post by chocapic »

Hello DJWillis, do you think you could solve the problem ?
An easy way to make the bug happen is to uncheck aspect ratio, uncheck full screen, quit scummvm and launch it again.from here, the 40px at the bottom of the screen are buggy. Black would be excellent and would allow to launch 320x200 games without streching and with no messy bottom screen.

I could send screenshots if necessary.

I use 1.2.1 version on Caanoo.

Thanks