1.3.0 for android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

acfgraz

1.3.0 for android

Post by acfgraz »

Where is the android-port of the new 1.3.0?
In the release notes there are some changes for the android port, but there is no android on the download page
da1writer

Re: 1.3.0 for android

Post by da1writer »

acfgraz wrote:Where is the android-port of the new 1.3.0?
In the release notes there are some changes for the android port, but there is no android on the download page
Agreed, I'm having to have to play my psp version for now, where's the android update...
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

You can use latest buildbot-scummvm-dev port or scummvm-sdl-dev port its contains all features from 1.3.0 and much more...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Or you can use the official 1.3.0 build, which can be downloaded from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm ... k/download

Sorry, I haven't yet gotten around to linking it from our main website. (If anybody else from the team can do it, that'd be great; I am on a train right now).

@Lubomyr: Out of curiosity, what is the "much more..." your unofficial port offers over the current official one?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Is this some kind of contest, in order to decide which Android version is the best?

We DO have an official version, so IMHO, the best thing to do would be to work on a common base and help dhewg, instead of working on a completely different codebase and hacking features in (like, for example, changing an audio setting, "Mixed AdLib/MIDI mode" to affect mouse input?!?).

I find it confusing that there exist two ports of the same program, each one doing things differently. The official port does not use SDL, but from what I see, it offers most of SDL's features... So again, I ask Lubomyr... why? What's the purpose of this port? Why not cooperate and implement your ideas in the official version, instead of creating a completely different version that's using gross hacks?
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

The mixed adlib/midi mode thing to affect mouse input actually is in the official buildbot build though... Not sure if that "feature" in 1.3.0 as well, I currently only have the unstable version installed on my phone.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

SDL-lib provided by great developer - pelya, and have fantastic features and good support.
Scummvm is the best application for test this features.
some additional features provided via sdl-port
1. on-screen buttons (number of on-screen button can be changed, and re-maped to any SDL-keycode via sdl-menu)
by default i use 3 on-screen buttons (global on-screen menu, scummvm virtual keyboard from sdl-backend, ...)
virtual keyboard from sdl-backend can be used for example to access game menu F5, or others needed function
2. re-map hardware key via sdl-menu
3. very much features for mouse control
for example left or right mouse click can be configured as:
-Normal (in official port it called as 'direct' mode)
-Touch near mouse cursor
-Touch screen with second finger (used as default in official port for right mouse click)
-touch with force (with touch with force calibration)
-Physical key
-Hold at same spot
-Tap
-Tap or hold
Relative mouse movement (laptop mode) (in official port it called as touch-mode and used by default)
4. On-screen magnify glass (can be used for small screen)
5. Calibrate touch screen (With this features i can access by finger to any part of edges of screen, it important for capacitive screen, and can possible in 'normal' or 'direct' mode access to top of screen in games like Goblins3, Beneath a Steel Sky, lost in time, etc...)
6. two finger screen gestures (zoom in, zoom out, rotate left, rotate right, can be used or re-maped via sdl-menu)
7. Smooth the video (fantastic quality of picture for low-res games on devices with big screen)
8. SDL-port have great compatibility with all android devices 1.6-3.1
maximum speed with minimum cpu usage (but with latest point, official port have good progress too)
9. sdl-port have compatibility with all scummvm-dev-engines, with use Vorbis FLAC MP3 RGB zlib theora - possible to run games like BrokenSword 2.5)

With use some features like on-screen buttons, two finger screen gestures, on-screen text input button, possible to use scummvm on android-devices without any hw-buttons

All these features make it most comfortable to play different games via scummvm.
Last edited by Lubomyr on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

md5 wrote: I find it confusing that there exist two ports of the same program, each one doing things differently. The official port does not use SDL, but from what I see, it offers most of SDL's features... So again, I ask Lubomyr... why? What's the purpose of this port? Why not cooperate and implement your ideas in the official version, instead of creating a completely different version that's using gross hacks?
First, i send request to Andre (long time ago) with All features provided via SDL-lib
But only game speed with low cpu usage fixed with official android port, and better compatibility with some android devices and nothing more...
All other features were ignored, and considered as unnecessary, and it is very sad ...
drumhead

Post by drumhead »

Hi,
on my TF101 it crashes right after the setup screen(s).

Regards,
DH