ScummVM 1.3.0 & Curse of Monkey Island problem-Quits Sud

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cdevelasco

ScummVM 1.3.0 & Curse of Monkey Island problem-Quits Sud

Post by cdevelasco »

I think I have found a bug with ScummVM 1.3.0

Ever since I upgraded to ScummVM version 1.3.0 I have a problem with Curse of Monkey Island. The game is able to start no problem, however the moment I try to enable the mouse "click-and-drag" mode (by touching the screen with one finger and swiping up with another) the game suddenly quits and ScummVM closes. This also happens when I try to bring up the load or save menu within the game (by touching the screen with one finger and swiping down with another), the game also suddenly quits and I find myself back in the iOS GUI (I have version 4.3.1). This basically makes the game unplayable as I am unable to save or load my progress. Is anyone else having this problem? Vinterstum, I would appreciate your feedback. Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

I have the same problem with this build on my iPod 4G (iOS 4.3.3), too...
The in-game menu doesn't work and i couldn't change the "TouchPad-Mode" and the "Mouse-Click-and-Drag" option...

It sometimes work with the files of the 1.2.1 build...
But I think it's better to play with the 1.2.1 build until the bug is fixed instead of replacing all the files of the 1.3.0 build (except of the ScummVM-Engine)
Please fix this bug.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Please use our bug tracker to file a proper bug report about this.
cdevelasco

Post by cdevelasco »

Where is the bug tracker? How do I access it in order to properly notify about this bug?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You read the forum rules, which point that out. Or you go to our main web site, and click on the "Bug Tracker" link the navigation menu.
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

the rules only point at the faq, but i think fingolfin thinks its more important to teach the ol "learn to read" lesson, than reporting bugs.

Bugtracker:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=4 ... unc=browse

(i got the same error and i reported it!)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Actually, yeah, I indeed think that lesson is more important :). As a rule of thumb, if somebody can't find the bug tracker, then they likely can't write a useful bug report either :).
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

sometimes, developer cant find their own forum... even though they can develop
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Sure, given that the skill of finding a forum has little to do with the skill of developing... While the skill of managing to find a bug tracker has quite a bit to do with the skill of being able to read the instructions for reporting a bug... ;).
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Fixed; new build uploaded to Cydia.