GOG.com Announcement Countdown

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KaneTheGoth

GOG.com Announcement Countdown

Post by KaneTheGoth »

www.gog.com

Hoping this is for the new licences they are acquiring!
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Ive come to expect disappointment from their countdowns. Last time they had a big announcement it basically ended up being an announcement that they would make another announcement sometime later.

I'd love to be wrong though....

edit: Just noticed it seems to be a countdown to the LOCATION of the announcement.... who the hell cares about that.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

scoriae wrote:edit: Just noticed it seems to be a countdown to the LOCATION of the announcement.... who the hell cares about that.
Yeh, I thought much the same when I saw the announcement. I'm definitely not going to bother getting up at 5am just to find out 'where' they're going to make some future announcement. :roll:
KaneTheGoth

Post by KaneTheGoth »

dreammaster wrote:
scoriae wrote:edit: Just noticed it seems to be a countdown to the LOCATION of the announcement.... who the hell cares about that.
Yeh, I thought much the same when I saw the announcement. I'm definitely not going to bother getting up at 5am just to find out 'where' they're going to make some future announcement. :roll:
Hopefully it'll be a "clever" location like Mêlée Island or Rubacava!

I'm in England and I think their countdown ends round about the 7pm mark... think that's about 2pm EST... don't fancy a 5am start though... that's dedication for you :)
Last edited by KaneTheGoth on Tue May 31, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asb

Post by asb »

scoriae wrote:Ive come to expect disappointment from their countdowns. Last time they had a big announcement it basically ended up being an announcement that they would make another announcement sometime later.
This is actually going to be a real announcement. See their press release. The map here shows the headquarters of the 'top 5' game companies they haven't set signed, and presumably they'll continue to knock a company out of the running every now and again until the announcement (Square Enix is already gone). The location locked on thing is because of their 'Evil Dr. M' comic strip they've been running over the past few days.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Microsoft is out now as well. So it does look like it will come down to one company's games being added.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

So that leaves 2K, EA, and LucasArts eh? And some majority of the 25 anounced games are supposed to come from this company? I have to say, honestly I hope it isn't LucasArts... because thats just gonna turn into a Star Wars festival.

EA has the rights to the old Bullfrog catalog I believe, so that would be my first choice - by far.

I suppose the best thing from 2K would be the fireaxis games... but they work well enough in dosbox.

My favorite thing about GoG is the games they get running that previously did not run properly, or when they fix the multiplayer on older games. Unfortunately, sometimes such as the case of Constructor, they actually remove multiplayer....
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Take2 is out, it's down to EA and LucasArts now. And I'm betting my money on the latter.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Longcat wrote:Take2 is out, it's down to EA and LucasArts now. And I'm betting my money on the latter.
Former. They probably kept LucasArts down to the last two just to keep everyone on the edge of their seats.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I guess we will know who's right in less than 19 hours :)
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

That we will. But I expect it to be EA as well. Because what we really need are a bunch of old sport sims. But that's not really fair. And I would expect that GOG would package the old Ultimas a lot better than the Ultima Collection CD did.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

And it is EA. And one of the first titles to be released is Ultima Underworld. So, I must be Nostradamus or something for having thought of Ultima in conjunction with this.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I'm so bummed out right now:(
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Why, are there lucasarts games you don't own?

I on the other hand am ecstatic - DUNGEON KEEPER!!!! WOOOOO
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

scoriae wrote:Why, are there lucasarts games you don't own?

I on the other hand am ecstatic - DUNGEON KEEPER!!!! WOOOOO
If I was Longcat I might be tempted to ask 'why? - don't you own it already?'