My Custom ScummVM PS2 DVD

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lechuck

My Custom ScummVM PS2 DVD

Post by Lechuck »

I just took the time this weekend to use the PS2 Port and burn it and all my old games to a DVD:

The Lost Treasure Of Adventures

Download High-Res Version

If wan't to know how a DVD is made check out my guide:
Tutorial: How To Create A ScummVM PS2 DVD
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

For me the title sounds like "Abandonware collection". Why "lost"?

Eugene
Lechuck

Post by Lechuck »

sev wrote:For me the title sounds like "Abandonware collection". Why "lost"?

Eugene
Lost Treasure was just something I thought up in an instant when I thought of Monkey Island.
But many of these games are "lost", it's hard to find retails of them. Most are used, so in a way the word lost is kind of true.

Personally I would like to see a collection like this released commercially with all the old games.
But sadly I know the game industry, they would release them seprately and not in a collection.

But to aquire games like Loom you have to look at abandonware, sad but true.
corpse

Post by corpse »

Actaully loom frequently turns up ebay
Lechuck

Post by Lechuck »

corpse wrote:Actaully loom frequently turns up ebay
Yeah but as I said you have to hunt for used copies, and that is very hard for me to do in Sweden.
But I tend not to consider my self "stealing" when downloading old games like Loom.

Unless it's removed from [censored], I consider it fair game to download it as abandonware.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Loom is not abandonware, the term 'abandonware' is a load of rubbish because the games are still copyrighted .... therefore you are stealing. I looked on ebay.co.uk and there are 4 copies of Loom for sale (even more if you look at overseas listings).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Lechuck wrote: But I tend not to consider my self "stealing" when downloading old games like Loom.

Unless it's removed from [censored], I consider it fair game to download it as abandonware.
Nice argument. When it could be OK for you, it is not OK for us. In fact, this is a direct violation of Forum Rule #0. Let me explain. We already were contacted by LEC lawyers who wanted to shut us down. Only thing which saved us is our official strict no-warez policy. So if you want all good for our project, stop talking about this, and even mentioning famous warez sites.

There is no abandonware. That's excuse invented by warez people. If collectible 1812 year wine is not in the supermarkets, that doesn't let me go and steal it from the collectors with words "hey, it's abandonware!111!"

Eugene
Lechuck

Post by Lechuck »

sev wrote:There is no abandonware. That's excuse invented by warez people. If collectible 1812 year wine is not in the supermarkets, that doesn't let me go and steal it from the collectors with words "hey, it's abandonware!111!"

Eugene
It's not a very correct analogy, it holds very little water. :?

But I will obey the rules for the sake of the project. :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sev wrote:For me the title sounds like "Abandonware collection". Why "lost"?
It's not an uncommon name, though. There's The Lost Treasures of Infocom and The Lost Adventures Of Legend to name two that I'm aware of.

I never bought The Lost Adventures Of Legend (damn!), but I can verify that The Lost Treasures of Infocom was not a collection of pirated software, even if the way Activision butchered the beautiful packaging of the original games did border on criminal behaviour...
pi

Post by pi »

Back to the original topic: nice cover. Maybe you could also provide the original .psd/whatever for download. JPEG is not a good base for Image Editing. I for one would like to exchange the "PS2" with something more fitting (say, "GNU/Linux" ;))

Regards,
pi~
Lechuck

Post by Lechuck »

I uploaded the PSD file on Rapidshare so you can download it and manipulate the image to fit your own collection.

A image shack only supports up to 1024KB so I could not use that.

Dowload DVD Cover Here!