Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

clone2727 wrote:
monster99f150 wrote:Journeyman Project Turbo
Journeyman Project 2: Buried in time
Entirely hardcoded, would be a major pain to code.
monster99f150 wrote: Journeyman Project Pegasus Prime
Doable. I may look into it in the far future should I have the time (after Mohawk work, etc.).
I've read your blog where you spoke of how the game was coded, also you spoke of Star Trek Judgement Rites, 25th,. I hope one day you or someone finds the time to invest in these awesome games. :) http://clone2727.blogspot.com/search/la ... 0in%20Time
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:Check out videos of it on youtube. Its a remake of the first Journeyman Project video game, with much better graphics...made by the same authors, but it was mac only. Very stupid, and makes alot of people sad.
Sadly, it had to be done. It was first made for the Apple Pippin system, but after the system's failure, they had all this code for the Mac; they saved the game by just releasing it for the Mac. While it may upset people, we almost didn't have the game at all.

There also exists a Japanese PlayStation version, though I have never seen anything related to it other than the trailer and Tommy (the game's conceptual designer) uploaded the intro video to YouTube (I believe from the master disc).
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I've read your blog where you spoke of how the game was coded, also you spoke of Star Trek Judgement Rites, 25th,. I hope one day you or someone finds the time to invest in these awesome games. :) http://clone2727.blogspot.com/search/la ... 0in%20Time
Yikes! That makes two people who read my blog :wink: I will one day. Unfortunately, there's this terrible thing known as RL that always gets in the way :P
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Fascinating!

Also, if I knew more about programming than I do now and reverse-engineering game engines, I'd be lending you a hand...not that that statement is useful to you in any way, but I just wanted you to know you have my support. I'd like to get into programming more. It just seems so slow to jump into it. I've written a few small console programs for DOS but nothing beyond that.
Retrodude

Post by Retrodude »

I'd like to see most of the later Living Books games supported, just because I would love to be able to play Arthur's Computer Adventure (best of the bunch) on my brand new PC without any troubles.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Captain Blood !
aryah

Post by aryah »

Pseudo_Intellectual wrote: I'd like to lodge a vehement, if ineligible, vote to incorporate the functional Gargoyle engine (interpreter of numerous text adventure formats) into the main distribution. Any development that in a single stroke multiplies by a hundred the amount of games supported by your project can't be a bad thing. They're all adventures! Just... some of them benefit less from mouse support and anti-aliasing 8)
No, I think Gargoyle uses various engines to interpret numerous text adventure formats (my /usr/lib/gargoyle lists frotz, nitfoil, git (the interpreter), glulxe, magnetic, level9, tadsr among others). I think it just adds typographic niceties to them, like kerning, ligatures, antialiasing, smart quotes... It would probably be more logical to incorporate the engines themselves, or those of compatible licenses, like frotz and glulxe.

But, I don't think text adventures are any more logically in scope of scummvm than 3d stuff is, and there already is a vibrant community making those nice and playable (and creating many great new ones) anyway. What benefit would those have from the scummvm infrastructure?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Retrodude wrote:I'd like to see most of the later Living Books games supported, just because I would love to be able to play Arthur's Computer Adventure (best of the bunch) on my brand new PC without any troubles.
Phft, the Rugrats Adventure Game is clearly the best of the bunch. :-)

Arthur's Computer Adventure is using the same engine version (v4) as Rugrats, but with a bunch of hardcoded objects added for the minigames - assuming those aren't too much of a pain to support, it should be fully supported at some point.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fuzzie wrote:
Retrodude wrote:I'd like to see most of the later Living Books games supported, just because I would love to be able to play Arthur's Computer Adventure (best of the bunch) on my brand new PC without any troubles.
Phft, the Rugrats Adventure Game is clearly the best of the bunch. :-)

Arthur's Computer Adventure is using the same engine version (v4) as Rugrats, but with a bunch of hardcoded objects added for the minigames - assuming those aren't too much of a pain to support, it should be fully supported at some point.
Probably should add that the normal "Read to Me" mode already works in Arthur's Computer Adventure, but not the "Let me Play" mode (for very long). :wink:
ERKAN

Post by ERKAN »

How about looking through the Pink Panther adventure games series? :)
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

Dune, KGB, captain blood, lost eden, murders in space.

Cryo games basically.
soulrazor

Post by soulrazor »

Jack Orlando Director's Cut is the fists that come's to my mind.
wonderbob

Post by wonderbob »

Shivers
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Dracula the Undead for Atari Lynx.
I never did get a chance to play it, although it did receive generally positive reviews. Anyone remember this "classic" from 20 years ago. I was too cool for the Lynx cause I had a game gear. My friend had a LYNX in its hayday, but not this game.
edit: irrelevant rant on the Lynx
Dug deeper to see how they were written: There is a C compiler for the Lynx(almost any 6502 based system) for homebrew now (CC65.org)but original developer kit contained a custom 6502 assembler (handyASM) with disassembler (handyBug), sound, music, text, and graphic editors. And a ROM creator/packager that glued all the data together and encrypted it. You also got some Various hardware pieces all for only 5,000 USD (including an Amiga since all software was written for it).
Who wants to start R/E ing some 6502 assembly? Not me. (Atleast the system in its entirety is fully documented, including encryption.)
shredder

Post by shredder »

Mortville Manor would be a nice addition.
I'm not sure, but I think I read on Yaz0r website that he got the assambler(?) source code from the developers. He also rewrote the some code to C. But unfortunately his side is down so I can not say that for sure.