cannot find any games on galaxy s

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tucky

cannot find any games on galaxy s

Post by tucky »

hi im new to scummvm and dont realy understand it but my problem is I have a samsung galaxy s I have downloaded the scummvm packeg and all of the plugins from the market but when I go to add game no matter what I choose it either says cannot access this file or there are no games am I doin something wrong here????
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

you have to point to the directory where you have placed the games before, likely on the SD Card (internal or external). The games are not included in ScummVM, you have to buy them extra (if you don't own them already). Some are available as free downloads in the ScummVM downloads. In the Wiki is described, which files from the Games you need for ScummVM.

BTW: I think, its better to use a download from this Website. I'm not sure, if the market version is up to date. Also you can not access the right mouse click on a Galaxy S due to the lack of hardware buttons on the SGS. But there are alternatives dealing with this problem:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9634[/b]
tucky

Post by tucky »

hi frank thanks for replying, I have searched all through the sd card it still says there are no games in there I downloaded the plugins from the market, I thought they was the full games I didnt have to pay for them, when I find the plugins in my phone I cant select them or do anything with them but uninstall im trying to download broken sword 2 off this site at the moment ill let you know if that works
tucky

Post by tucky »

I just downloaded broken sword 1 and 2 from here and extracred them they came up on scummvm but when I click on them it still says scummvm cannont find any game am I being stupid here and missing something obviouse because,i,thought it would be quite easy lol
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

tucky wrote:I just downloaded broken sword 1 and 2 from here and extracred them they came up on scummvm
The only part of the Broken Sword games that is hosted here is the cutscene movies, not the complete games. (Revolution only released some of their earlier games as freeware.)

This was originally because we couldn't support the original Smacker movies. Now I guess it's because we no longer support the MPEG movies that were used as an initial solution and included with one of the re-releases of the game.
tucky

Post by tucky »

is there any reason y none of the plugins off the android market are not showing up though and saying there are no games in the directory?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

tucky wrote:is there any reason y none of the plugins off the android market are not showing up though and saying there are no games in the directory?
If you're still talking about a directory of Broken Sword files downloaded from the ScummVM web site, the reason it won't find any game there is that there's no game to be found. Only some cutscene movie files.

If that's not what you're talking about, I don't understand the question. (No surprise there; I don't own any Android phone.)
tucky

Post by tucky »

on the android market there are plugins for all the different games that are availiable an was understood that if I download them I could play them through scummvm but they are not showing up anywhere on the scummvm app, I was not sure if it may have been the phone I have but iv read posts sayin it worked fine on the samsung galaxy, iv been trying for weeks to work it I just thought it might be something small im missing lol
theli

Post by theli »

tucky wrote:on the android market there are plugins for all the different games that are availiable an was understood that if I download them I could play them through scummvm but they are not showing up anywhere on the scummvm app, I was not sure if it may have been the phone I have but iv read posts sayin it worked fine on the samsung galaxy, iv been trying for weeks to work it I just thought it might be something small im missing lol
besides the plugins you also need to have GAMES for those plugins
so, if you have a game which scummvm supports you copy it to your SD card, then point ScummVM to it
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

So a good start is the FREE games available from ScummVM, those are among others LURE, Flight of the Amazon queen and a couple more.
tucky

Post by tucky »

ok I think iv got it now lol thank you all for your help and replying and sorry if I sounded a bit thick lol