Android Market, No PC Install

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iProphet

Android Market, No PC Install

Post by iProphet »

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've skimmed through the pages and haven't found anything that has solved my problem.

I don't have access to a cable that will plug into my PC from my Phone or vice versa but I really want to play a game on ScummVM. I was able to download a plugin from the Android Market, but I cant seem to find it when I try to "Add Game".

Plain and simple: I downloaded the plugin from Android Market, I cant find the file to open in ScummVM and I have no way to put files onto my SD card from my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: Using a Samsung Intercept//Having no problems opening ScummVM, just cant find the files downloaded from Android Market.
EowynCarter

Post by EowynCarter »

Mmm, almost forgat about "plugins".

Anyway. To play a game, you need :
- Scummvm.
- the relevant plugin
- the files for the game (put these on a forlder on your sd card, that's where you point the "add game" to).
AshEnke

Post by AshEnke »

The plugins on the market are engines that can run games.
You won't find the games themselves on the market. You need to have the original games.

You could send the files to yourself via email and then download them from your phone to your sdcard, or upload them somewhere and download them with your phone.
Lan

Post by Lan »

will the newer version of scummvm ever make it to the market? i.e. the 1.2.1 version?
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

Lan wrote:will the newer version of scummvm ever make it to the market? i.e. the 1.2.1 version?
I've been waiting for months. Starting to lose hope...
Lan

Post by Lan »

its not like it's difficult to put on via drag-and-drop the apk to the sd card - but I think it'd help people using the older version :)