A Burst of Fun With Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sylvain
ScummVM Team Member

A Burst of Fun With Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun?

Post by Sylvain »

Did you ever want to experience the world of the Toons, like in the movies "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" or "Space Jam"?

Enter Toonstruck, the zany newly supported game that casts Christopher Lloyd (Great Scott!) as Drew Blanc, a cartoon animator who lands in a place where anything is possible.

With his sidekick Flux Wildly, help him to solve the tons of puzzles in order to get back home to the real world.

Take your Bottomless Bag, grab your two Toonstruck CDs, the latest daily build of ScummVM and start testing the game right away!

You can find what are the required datafiles here. Please post any bugs you find in the bugtracker, following our bug submission guidelines. Any screenshot of your playthrough is welcome.
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

FANTASTIC! Great job getting Toonstruck to work in ScummVM! (I prefer the higher quality cutscenes) I'd prefer if you don't talk about Space Jam though.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Great and thank you! (though I've already played through with a daily build:)

Question: would it be possible to get a more accurate data files listing? There are obviously files in those three folders that are not needed to play the game...
ThirdEyeSurfer

Post by ThirdEyeSurfer »

First of all, thanks for the great job you've done over the years.

When I try to run Toonstruck, however, all I get is a black screen and ScummVM doesn't react anymore. This is the first time I ever had problems with ScummVM. I'm using the latest build on a MacBook and put the toon.dat into the game folder, like you said on your compatibility page.

Any ideas?

edit:
Problem solved.
stranno

Post by stranno »

Some gameplay of Spanish version using the 'daily build'

PART1 PART2 PART3
mozgqwerty

Post by mozgqwerty »

I have problem with second part of game- when I need to come into Fortuna's room, ScummVm closing. I've tryed few versions and few ports
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

I'm trying to find the latest build for Mac OS. Maybe I'm being stupid but I can only see Windows and Linux builds in the link you posted.
At the moment, I have 1.3.0svn54970. Is 1.3.1 out now?

Thanks
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

shaun_spark wrote:I'm trying to find the latest build for Mac OS. Maybe I'm being stupid but I can only see Windows and Linux builds in the link you posted.
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Haha. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

You've done a great job on this engine. :D I just completed Toonstruck for the first time in ages, and it worked pretty much perfectly.
xadox

Post by xadox »

Great news!
Longcat wrote:...would it be possible to get a more accurate data files listing? There are obviously files in those three folders that are not needed to play the game...
Yes this would be nice.