Bada port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OmarJA

Post by OmarJA »

Dokugogagoji is a Bada developer & i believe NovaCoder owns a Samsung Wave. :)

Quick question:

Will Samsung allow ScummVM on their App Store?

I would gladly pay for it.
OmarJA

Post by OmarJA »

* is him the same person who ported ScummVM to Amiga AGA recently? http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55614
Hopefully he'll start working on the Bada port now.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

hexaae wrote:
fingolfin wrote:Omar, as far as I know, no ScummVM developer *ever* "looked" into doing a Bada port.
:( Dokugogagoji and NovaCoder* said they were working on it...
Neither of these is a member of the ScummVM team, though. Which kind of underlines my point, actually :).

So, let's hope these folks or others create the Bada port you are hoping for. And *I* will hope that they'll try to work with us on making it an official port (and join our team :).
hexaae wrote:
Developing a new port for a device usually is done by volunteers who happen to own one of these devices.
Yes, but AFAIK bada SDK has an emulator inside to test the apps directly and easily.
Sure, that is possibly. But why would one do that? Just ask yourself: Would you spend hours and days and weeks of work to make something work on a device you don't even own, for no benefit for yourself? You are not paid for this, you can't use it yourself... you have to invest considerable resources to do it... So there is very little motivation to do it :).
NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

OmarJA wrote:
* is him the same person who ported ScummVM to Amiga AGA recently? http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55614
Yep, I'm now free to spend some of my (very limited) spare time on the Bada port (yes, I have a Wave). :D

Happy to try and make it an official port if it comes together ok

:wink:
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

NovaCoder wrote:
OmarJA wrote:
Yep, I'm now free to spend some of my (very limited) spare time on the Bada port (yes, I have a Wave). :D

Happy to try and make it an official port if it comes together ok

:wink:
Great!
I'm an Amiga user too btw... :)
OmarJA

Post by OmarJA »

How's the Port coming along? :)

I know it won't be done over night but i would really appreciate it if you tell us your progress.
adfree

Post by adfree »

Hello.

Only as hint for bada... for Testing on device it is possible to install via cable, WITHOUT sourcecode and full SDK.

This would be also an chance to bypass Samsung store... if they don't want any Emulators...

Only bad thing is. Developer certified Apps only 1 can be active. :oops:

You not need the FULL SDK to install, only folder with Broker.exe.

Best Regards and Good Luck for bada ScummVM project.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

adfree wrote:This would be also an chance to bypass Samsung store... if they don't want any Emulators...
ScummVM is not an emulator and never was. Albeit it contains some emulators for sound chips.

Eugene
adfree

Post by adfree »

ScummVM is not an emulator and never was.
Emulator or Virtual Machine or something else is not really the Question. Sorry. There runs parts of LucasArts ... maybe Copyright Questions...

After finish the bada port is the Question. How Customers will get bada Version of ScummVM.

And if ScummVM is against Samsung Shop Rules... :cry:
There are not many really alternative ways to spread and install...

Happy NEW Year.
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

@novacoder
Hi,
have you had some spare time for working on the bada port?
:D
guppydu

scummv for bada facebook page

Post by guppydu »

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Seems you didn't even spell ScummVM correctly... Epic fail? :)
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

No news? :(
NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

Hiya,

My real coding job has ramped-up a lot recently so I don't have much time to spend on this port at the moment....sorry :(

If I do manage to get anywhere with this interesting project then I'll let you know.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

hey folks!

my first post in this forum, so hello all ;)

As I see, there is much interest in a bada port for ScummVM, same for me -

So i decided to give it a try and I am proceeding quite quick I think. There is nothing to see yet, but I'm working on it.

I'm capabale to do it by the way (as there are some fears to find someone who is), as coding is a hobby and (partially) my actual professional work.

I won't take any fee if I finish, ScummVM is free and I'm not willing to change this.

greetings from germany ;)