Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarKHawK

Great android port for usability SDL 1.3.0svn54429

Post by DarKHawK »

http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn54429/1-1-0-7
Found this today and tried it.
Supports right click with dual touch.
Configurable.
Handy cursor zoom for games like Full Throttle and COMI where cursor menu is hidden by finger.
SDL based 1.3.0svn54429
ps. This is not my work, looks like its compiled by lubomyr.
dr_manhattan

Post by dr_manhattan »

Nice, thanks for that - this is the only version that works with right click, etc, on my galaxy s.
kblood

Post by kblood »

Okay this sounds awesome. Sounds like the way I hope the official port to go. Click with second finger as right click instead of needed to use a on screen button, brilliant :)

And many other features that just makes playing adventure games so much easier with a touch phone. The touch screen with force sounds like a good way to activate left click.

Well, I will have to test it later when I have some time.
Lan

Post by Lan »

how big is the install for this version? the last one was about 20mb!
AshEnke

Post by AshEnke »

Same as above, the two main problems I've had with previous versions are the not so good support of the right click and the huge size of the non-installable on sd application.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

Are you sure about right click problem ?

this port support different right click method:
Touch screen with second finger
Touch screen with force
menu key
volume down key
on-screen key

this port complete support:
move app to sd on android 2.2
and support app2sd (as ext2 partition) for Android 2.1

For me big size not a problem

One problem is access to top of screen, it needed for some games as Beneath of steel sky and others, at this moment it possible only with d-pad key or trackball. Temporary impossible to use with Galaxy S
but Pelya author of sdl-lib responded about this problem, and promise add recalibration top screen option in sdl-setting. This feature will be ready soon...

Speed and stability in this port also out of competition
and most important advantage - builded with native google ndk compared to other ports
kblood

Post by kblood »

I have tried it, and it works great. But only for some games, strangely enough some classic SCUMM games wont work. Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle, while Curse of Monkey Island does work, and The Secret of Monkey Island. But with DotT and Sam n Max Scumm just crashes. Goblins 1, 2 and 3 runs fine as well, even the editions with speech.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

kblood wrote:I have tried it, and it works great. But only for some games, strangely enough some classic SCUMM games wont work. Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle, while Curse of Monkey Island does work, and The Secret of Monkey Island. But with DotT and Sam n Max Scumm just crashes. Goblins 1, 2 and 3 runs fine as well, even the editions with speech.
Try in 'Edit game' setting change in audio tab, Music device to Adlib Emulator. With my Samsung i5700 all this games works ok.
kblood

Post by kblood »

Lubomyr wrote:
kblood wrote:I have tried it, and it works great. But only for some games, strangely enough some classic SCUMM games wont work. Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle, while Curse of Monkey Island does work, and The Secret of Monkey Island. But with DotT and Sam n Max Scumm just crashes. Goblins 1, 2 and 3 runs fine as well, even the editions with speech.
Try in 'Edit game' setting change in audio tab, Music device to Adlib Emulator. With my Samsung i5700 all this games works ok.
Nice, that worked like a charm :) This is one amazing version of ScummVM. I really like the zoom box, showing where your finger is. Only downside is the volume control is only available when not in ScummVM. Still its better being able to call up a virtual keyboard while using ScummVM.

If an official ScummVM is released on the market, I hope it will have the cursor camera as well.

I am now using the settings that when touching the screen it left clicks, touching with two fingers right clicks and one of the volume buttons is for the virtual keyboard.

With this final fix, I think its even able to run all ScummVM games I have tried so far. I will report back if I find any it still wont run.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

volume control you can change in scummvm global menu (F5) -> 'option'
latest SDL-version from 21.12.2010 support remap any hardware key or on-screen key to needed function
for example you can remap volume key to LEFTBRACKET and RIGHT BRACKET and you can change music volume with volume key in games based on scummm engine
jobeus

Post by jobeus »

Any support for hardware keyboards yet? Last time I tried it w/ my DesireZ/G2 it was just typing random characters when I tried the hw keyboard. And then the official port all the keys work but the return key, so that's basically unusable too. :(
JasonOT

Post by JasonOT »

Doesn't work for me, I keep getting an error:

"Unable to download data from scummvm-svn55034-data.zip"

Tried adding files to app-data as suggested in the thread on that page to no avail.
c0mrade2

Post by c0mrade2 »

Hi all!
I'm on htc magic 2.2 and the version 1.3.0 svn55055 crashes! After the sdl logo, it say "connecting to scummvm-svn55055-data.zip" and it crashes...
I've tried installing it both on sdcard and phone, downloading on sdcard and phone, different configuration, but it still crash! y.y
Here's the logcat: Click
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

latest version of SDL-lib have problem with downloader on some android-devices. Pelya (author of SDL-lib) promised fix this problem soon.

before fix not ready, try unzip http://anddev.at.ua/data/scummvm/scummvm-app-data.zip to sdcard (only for svn55055)

Thanks for log-file
c0mrade2

Post by c0mrade2 »

Lubomyr wrote:latest version of SDL-lib have problem with downloader on some android-devices. Pelya (author of SDL-lib) promised fix this problem soon.

before fix not ready, try unzip http://anddev.at.ua/data/scummvm/scummvm-app-data.zip to sdcard (only for svn55055)

Thanks for log-file
I've tried, but nothing...
Is there an older version to try? Because I've installed also scummvm 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 from sourceforge, but after the chargement the screen became black and nothing happens.
I can play only with ScummVM-1.1.1-alt-vorbis, but the sound is terrible :?

Anyway, thanks for your work! :)