Will Monkey Island 2 Ultimate Talkie edition run on Android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mintfresh

Will Monkey Island 2 Ultimate Talkie edition run on Android

Post by mintfresh »

Hi,
I have been dabbling with the Monkey 2 Ultimate talkie edition to add voices to the original monkey 2 but I find that it can not be played without a "fanPatch" version of SCUMMVM, so therfore I am unable to start it on my galaxy S with the recent android version of SCUMMVM .

Will it be possible to add the feature to enable fan created content such as the ultimate talkie edition?
It would be awesome if so that way we can enjoy monkey 1 and 2 in thier respective classic "new" talkie editions.
many thanks and Hi to everyone as I am a new memeber.

Keep up the good work
Chris
Lan

Post by Lan »

I too would be interested in a talkie edition of MI1+2, for Android...
kblood

Post by kblood »

There is a what now? Is it voices taken from the new Deluxe editions or? I have thought it would be nice to have the versions with voices on ScummVM, but just did not think it possible.
Lan

Post by Lan »

Yea, there's a fanmod with voices striped from the special edition - seems to work fairly well on the PC

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.p ... did=205508
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

I've been using the fanpatch 'Ultimate talkie version' of Monkey Island on my HTC Desire for a while. It works pretty well on the official version frm Gus.
Lan

Post by Lan »

phunimator wrote:I've been using the fanpatch 'Ultimate talkie version' of Monkey Island on my HTC Desire for a while. It works pretty well on the official version frm Gus.
How did you manage to get it working?
I have a Desire too and would love to get a takie version going!
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Hi!

Just to let you know that I'm talking about Secret of Monkey Island 1 Talkie mod, I haven't tried the Monkey Island 2 mod yet!

All I did was run the batch file on my version of SOMI:SE on my PC, and selected OGG output.

I copied this to my SD card of my Desire, and in ScummVM, I added the directory as Secret of Monkey Island (CD).

In the 'Extras' path, you have to select the directory you want for music, whether it is CD music from the VGA CD release, or the SE soundtrack, and make sure in audio that both Speech and Text is selected.

I've found that it works really well on the Desire, but no the narrative cut scenes I get no voice.
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

I already brought this up when the first fan patch came out (see here). not only that, but the developer of the fanpatch put in an official request to add the code to ScummVM
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

I asked the dev of the un-official port to include the patch and he said he would

http://anddev.at.ua/forum/2-2-1
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

the patched version for Android is done and it works great.
Lan

Post by Lan »

wow that was fast - will have to give it a go!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

QuestingHero wrote:I already brought this up when the first fan patch came out (see here). not only that, but the developer of the fanpatch put in an official request to add the code to ScummVM
The developer of the fanpatch unfortunately submitted it to the wrong tracker, which lead it to go unnoticed for 2 months. Right now, I am still waiting for a reply to my inquiries about the patch (posted on the tracker item), posted about a week ago.

So, right now the ball is in his backyard.
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

fingolfin wrote:
QuestingHero wrote:I already brought this up when the first fan patch came out (see here). not only that, but the developer of the fanpatch put in an official request to add the code to ScummVM
The developer of the fanpatch unfortunately submitted it to the wrong tracker, which lead it to go unnoticed for 2 months. Right now, I am still waiting for a reply to my inquiries about the patch (posted on the tracker item), posted about a week ago.

So, right now the ball is in his backyard.
I updated the ticket with what I think will answer your question
QuestingHero

Post by QuestingHero »

I was hoping that with the 12.1 out today that this patch would have been added... oh well
Lan

Post by Lan »

QuestingHero wrote:I was hoping that with the 12.1 out today that this patch would have been added... oh well
You got my hopes up then that there was a ScummVM for 1.2.1 for Android... but there is no sign of a release