Questions concerning ScummVM on android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Akavir

Questions concerning ScummVM on android

Post by Akavir »

Hello,

I have two unrelated questions:

1. Is it possible (FAQ didnt have an answer, neither did my own tempering with the program) to change the configuration of the right-click from search+tap to something else, for example menu+tap? My phone only has menu and back keys and its really a pain in the neck to type in "i" every time when all it needs is a right-click. (Escape from Monkey Island example ofc)

2. How advanced could the game be to get ported to another platform by ScummVM? I would love to see Heroes of Might and Magic II on my phone. After all nowdays phones have more then enough juice in them to operate games like that and due to the nature of the game, where every action is just click based it wouldnt be a problem to operate it via touch screen. Would it be possible to port HoMaM II via ScummVM?

Id also like to say, that when I first saw Curse of Monkey Island on my phone I was awestruck, you guys did an awesome job bringing back memories from years before. *tear*
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Questions concerning ScummVM on android

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Akavir wrote: Would it be possible to port HoMaM II via ScummVM?
Well, ScummVM is focused on point-and-click adventure games, so Heroes of Might and Magic is out of its scope. In some cases a game engine that ScummVM implements has been used for other kinds of games as well, and they may be supported. But I don't think that's the case here.

Of course, anyone's free to use the ScummVM source code as long as they follow the license, so they could fork it into another project with a different focus. But there really isn't much there to help adding other game engines.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

Akavir wrote:1. Is it possible (FAQ didnt have an answer, neither did my own tempering with the program) to change the configuration of the right-click from search+tap to something else, for example menu+tap? My phone only has menu and back keys and its really a pain in the neck to type in "i" every time when all it needs is a right-click. (Escape from Monkey Island example ofc)
It isn't possible right now unfortunately, but the right click config is a well known problem.

There's a new patch that I'm about to merge that adds right click via longpress. This won't be sufficient in all games, but should be a big improvement for these recent handsets that don't have real search/camera/etc buttons.

(I'm holding off on updating the market version until I incorporate this patch fwiw)
serebei251

Post by serebei251 »

will we be able to disable right click on long press ?
cause if not curse of monkey island and full throttle won't be playable anymore...

I suggested earlier using multitouch for right click but it would only work with android 2.0 and further...
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

serebei251 wrote:will we be able to disable right click on long press ?
cause if not curse of monkey island and full throttle won't be playable anymore...
Yes, you will be able to switch back to the current scheme for precisely that reason.
serebei251 wrote:I suggested earlier using multitouch for right click but it would only work with android 2.0 and further...
Yes, multitouch is another good choice for some games - I hope to implement that too at some point (patches welcome).
Akavir

Post by Akavir »

Yes, it would be awesome if you could tap the thing you want to right - click and while holding tap anywhere else with your other finger to make it a right - tap.
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

gus wrote:...
(I'm holding off on updating the market version until I incorporate this patch fwiw)
Oh I can't wait!!! :D
Hectordos

Post by Hectordos »

Any of you know how i can use the canion of boat in monkey island 3?¿?

I cant!!!