ScummVM 1.2.0 for Android?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

porga

Post by porga »

Well done, I am testing it now.

It broke on Beneath Steal Sky Floppy ver, second loading sequence.

But Indiana Jones Amiga verion seems loaded OK. I will try some more games than post results here
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

How do you install this? Does your phone has to be rooted?
vatvedt

Post by vatvedt »

@Edmans

Thanks for the tip!
Tested it on my Hero as well, and music worked great! :D It was skipping a lot in the unofficial one.
clashfan

Post by clashfan »

vatvedt wrote:@Edmans

Thanks for the tip!
Tested it on my Hero as well, and music worked great! :D It was skipping a lot in the unofficial one.
How did you install it?
porga

Post by porga »

@clashfan just download it on the phone. Enable installing from unknown sources in phone settings (usually it is turned off so you can install only from market).
porga

Post by porga »

Beneath the steel sky (CD DOS) version also breaks on intro.

Full throttle works well.

Also, application breaks if phone call if received during game.
Lan

ScummVM 1.2.0pre

Post by Lan »

Installed on HTC Desire, installs great - installed to my SD card - fantastic, even better that it is only 52kb!

But it has forced closed a couple of times starting up, but works fine straight afterwards.

Monkey1 loaded up fine, and Monkey3 seems quick, but wasn't sure how to access inventory on it...?
Lan

Post by Lan »

Ah, I can access inventory with 'i' on the keyboard (hold menu key) on Monkey3!
mort8104

Samsung Galaxy S

Post by mort8104 »

Firstly, big thanks to Gus for making an official version that works with Froyo : )

Tried it with my Galaxy S.

It booted Sam & Max fine, but I have a button problem!

The Galaxy S has only 1 real button (the home button - which obviously exits ScummVM) and 2 soft buttons (back and menu).

The back button does nothing, while pressing the home button causes the in-game menu to flash up, but only for an instant. Holding the home button invokes the OSK.

Is there a way to configure this new ScummVM to use my back button for the OSK and the menu button only for the menu (or some other better combination)?
sandrodjay

Re: Samsung Galaxy S

Post by sandrodjay »

mort8104 wrote:Firstly, big thanks to Gus for making an official version that works with Froyo : )

Tried it with my Galaxy S.

It booted Sam & Max fine, but I have a button problem!

The Galaxy S has only 1 real button (the home button - which obviously exits ScummVM) and 2 soft buttons (back and menu).

The back button does nothing, while pressing the home button causes the in-game menu to flash up, but only for an instant. Holding the home button invokes the OSK.

Is there a way to configure this new ScummVM to use my back button for the OSK and the menu button only for the menu (or some other better combination)?
I've also tested on my Samsung Galaxy S and seems to work well...including keyboard support!!
also back button works..it's useful for skipping intros..

but...regarding the right-click...why don't implement the iphone multitouch gestures????
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone#Controls

I think they would be the best solution!!!!
porga

Post by porga »

What about us who do not have multi touch then?

There should be few options to select I think
brisssou

Post by brisssou »

Lan wrote:Ah, I can access inventory with 'i' on the keyboard (hold menu key) on Monkey3!
yeah!
you pretty much saved my day, thanks a lot.

but shapewriter doesn't work, I have to go back to stock keyboard
porga

Post by porga »

On i7500 froyo 2.2.1 when screen lock button is pressed ScummVM exits (after screen unlock application is off)

btw, is there an official development forum where we can post our observations so developer can see it?
porga

Post by porga »

This Android binary on download page http://scummvm.org/downloads/

is this something new?

I didn't see it few days ago?

Also, I cannot see it on market?

Please explain, is this momolitic package or something else, newer?
JohnnyJr

Android 2.1

Post by JohnnyJr »

I have an X10 Mini Pro and tested the old version on Android 1.6 with Indy Fate of Atlantis and it worked like a charm. That version obviously does not work since I upgraded to 2.1, but the new one released about a week ago does - but with one irritating problem. Everytime a character speaks the view is zoomed in on him/her, most of the time leaving out the edges of what is being said.

Is this a bug or a setting that I am missing?

Edit: saw now that this has already been discussed in this thread, if any admin feels I posted in the wrong forum, please move my post...[/url]