Using scummvm in the new eloader 0.95 with 2.1- 2.6 FW

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

subcoolandice

Using scummvm in the new eloader 0.95 with 2.1- 2.6 FW

Post by subcoolandice »

First thing first download the latest patch from fanjita's site! this will fix your config files from their old patch! which will fix the problem from before! this was released yesterday! and it will make you life a whole lot easier or you can do it yourself! by using your note pad or text edit for mac!

For those having trouble loading scummvm! when the screen just goes black and you can't do anything except press L&R and start! it happens when your loading the eloader from gta itself like before from the beta days! scummvm will only work if you gta lcs autoloads your eloader right away! and scummvm 8.2 should work fine! not perfect but atleast it runs! we just have to play the waiting game from the developers because they are trying to fix the problem for us!

There are no sounds in scummvm yet using the new gta eloader via gta! a lot of games work! which can keep you busy for awhile! only bare in mind the only flaw that evrything don't have sound! indiana jones and the last crusade works! monkey island 1 &2 work! but n i'm having problem with 2! but you can avoid it using the save game solution which evrybody is doing! can't run mi3 , beneath the steel sky loads but hangs! dott! haven't tried fate of atlantis loads for those whp want to know the working stuff just check the other forums it's there ! btw, also wanna thank scummvm and fanjita and ditlew for making us not get bored of our psp!

i hope this help! if there's any question that i could feel free to post
Last edited by subcoolandice on Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Chickenpants

Post by Captain Chickenpants »

My system autoloads the eloader, and I have the latest config but I still get the blackscreen problem. :-(

Nice to see someone addressing the issue.

CC
subcoolandice

Post by subcoolandice »

[quote="Captain Chickenpants"]My system autoloads the eloader, and I have the latest config but I still get the blackscreen problem. :-(

Nice to see someone addressing the issue.

it should work! that's weird! wat filmware do you have? i have 2.5! i don't know if it's unstable with other filmware i had trouble with it for a long time too before until i did the autoload! did you check your loader095.cfg with notepad or textedit ? does it have the scummvm config put into it! this one below

["SCUMMVM-PSP"_3D39BEC6]
#************************ ************************* ************************#
#* SCUMMVM 0.8.2 *#
ebootname=Scummvm 0.8.2
patchkernelwarning=Y

if it doesn't just copy and paste this thing in eboot with all the eboots are listed!
kidamnesiac

Post by kidamnesiac »

hmm... how do you get the eloader to autoload? mine always loads up edison carters cheat device, i assume cause its in the first save slot. i cant get scumm vm to load im having the blak screen problem. i'm firmware 2.01, i can't wait much longer to get some fate of atlantis and day of the tentacle running. thanks very much
Allandor

Post by Allandor »

kidamnesiac wrote:hmm... how do you get the eloader to autoload? mine always loads up edison carters cheat device, i assume cause its in the first save slot. i cant get scumm vm to load im having the blak screen problem. i'm firmware 2.01, i can't wait much longer to get some fate of atlantis and day of the tentacle running. thanks very much
if you delete the savegame of the eloader and copy it again into the savegamefolder (manually) it should autoload
kidamnesiac

Post by kidamnesiac »

thanks a lot, i am now playing fate of atlantis. seems to work great. anyone know what the status on working sound is?
subcoolandice

Post by subcoolandice »

kidamnesiac wrote:thanks a lot, i am now playing fate of atlantis. seems to work great. anyone know what the status on working sound is?
Well, as soon as we get the new fixed regarding having sound in scummvm will post it right away or somebody will! the eloader developer are fixing this as we speak!
Captain Chickenpants

Post by Captain Chickenpants »

subcoolandice wrote:
it should work! that's weird! wat filmware do you have? i have 2.5! i don't know if it's unstable with other filmware i had trouble with it for a long time too before until i did the autoload! did you check your loader095.cfg with notepad or textedit ? does it have the scummvm config put into it! this one below

["SCUMMVM-PSP"_3D39BEC6]
#* SCUMMVM 0.8.2 *#
ebootname=Scummvm 0.8.2
patchkernelwarning=Y

if it doesn't just copy and paste this thing in eboot with all the eboots are listed!
Firmware 2.6
The latest cfg file (which I am using) has the patchkernelwarning in.
The only savegame I have on that memory stick is the eboot one.

CC