ScummVm on FW 2.5 working!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kraft

Post by kraft »

post it up if you do :)
dcibis

Post by dcibis »

I'm not a Nooby, i know how to do stuff like Homebrew's!

But I'm this getting me freak out :), i treid it the hole night -.- and still not working! And I don't know why... and at my freinds PSP it doesn't work, too!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Captain Chickenpants wrote:Yes it is the 8.0 cvs version. (are older versions in sub-version?)
I was hoping that the MI3 issue might be in SDL, but if it isn't used then I guess not :-)
That 0.8.0CVS version is completely different (read: more crappy) from the 0.8.0 release of ScummVM, and the sources for the 'beta' versions aren't in the ScummVM SVN.

I can probably dig them up for you if you really want, but mind that you need to set up a similarly dated version of the psp toolchain (since some of the interface for the ge/gu changed), and you'd still be backporting fixes to an old version of ScummVM for no good reason at all.

I read on the PSPupdates forums that Fanjita is aware of the issue and is looking for a fix.
So unless you're a masochist, I suggest you just wait for that instead.
Captain Chickenpants wrote:Looking at the changes their are very few PSP specific ones.
Basically 8.2 has
#define USERSPACE_ONLY defined
and 8.0 calls pspDebugScreenInit(); which is commented out in 8.2.
The difference between the 0.8.0 and 0.8.2 release is (other than bugfixes) mostly that USERSPACE_ONLY is turned on by default (although there was a seperate "2.00" version of 0.8.0 which has this set).

I doubt the pspDebugScreenInit() call has something to do with it, but I can't say for certain.
When people say the 1.50-style EBOOT works but not the single EBOOT (which contain the exact same ELF) it sounds to me like there's a lot of randomness and luck involved. This is also confirmed by the wide range of problems (won't start at all, no sound, messed up/missing gfx, etc.)
Captain Chickenpants wrote: Something else I have wondered about.
What happens to debug output if the debug console is not present?
Since we don't redefine printf to pspDebugScreenPrintf it just disappears in a black hole, regardless of if we init on-screen debugging or not.
Captain Chickenpants

Post by Captain Chickenpants »

joostp wrote: I can probably dig them up for you if you really want, but mind that you need to set up a similarly dated version of the psp toolchain (since some of the interface for the ge/gu changed), and you'd still be backporting fixes to an old version of ScummVM for no good reason at all.

I read on the PSPupdates forums that Fanjita is aware of the issue and is looking for a fix.
So unless you're a masochist, I suggest you just wait for that instead.
Sounds like it would be quite a pain, I think I can wait.

Cheers,
CC
kraft

Post by kraft »

i had updated the eloader with the patched version of it and it wouldnt allow scummvm to work :x but i FINALLY found the origianl version so im runing scummvm again :D
dcibis

Post by dcibis »

Gimme the Link plz :)
kraft

Post by kraft »

i was looking for about 30 mins before i found the link again lol, but anyways here it is
http://rapidshare.de/files/13770698/eloader095.exe.html
lorddedrik

Post by lorddedrik »

Im running firmware 2.01 and using the newest eloader with the patch and the latest config files for the eloader and ive tried scummvm version 8.0 for firmare 2.0 and ive tried all of the files that come with the version 8.2 and i still cant get scummvm to run. when i do try to run it i just get a black screen and i still can use the home button and i can also use L+R+START to go back to the eloader menu...any ideas on what might be wrong? :?
kraft

Post by kraft »

download the eloader in the link i jsut posted and it will work, or you can disable the cfg file but then it wont allow some otehr things to run
lorddedrik

Post by lorddedrik »

i actually still have that same loader on my comp already.... its just the unpatched version is it not? i tried it and it didnt work...how do u disable the config files?
lorddedrik

Post by lorddedrik »

i have noticed one thing though... if i go to game in the psp menu then go to memory stick it shows the images for all the homebrews i have on my psp and i know that i cant run them from there but scummvm is the only one it shows a corrupt data image for it... do you copy the whole 1.5-eboot folder to ur psp or just one of the folders inside of it?
kraft

Post by kraft »

you copy both the files inside it to your psp, and if youre still having problems, heres what ditlew said to how to disable the .cfg file

2.) This is not the prober fix, and will only cause other eboots not to work. Rename the eloader095.cfg to e.g. eloader095.cfg_disabled.

just do that and it should work
dcibis

Post by dcibis »

It work with the update from Fanjita! YAY
PaladinZ

Post by PaladinZ »

yeah it works but still no sound though. A shame really. DoTT is definitely not as fun without sound.
I hope Fanjita finds out what's causing the problem. Would be fun!
tobywan

Post by tobywan »

[quote="dcibis"]I'm not a Nooby, i know how to do stuff like Homebrew's!

But I'm this getting me freak out :), i treid it the hole night -.- and still not working! And I don't know why... and at my freinds PSP it doesn't work, too![/quote]

i got mine working on firmware 2.01 but i used a seperate memory stick for the loader with nothing else on it try downloading the eloader on to an empty memory stick and let it load up rather than letting the gta load that's how i did it
hope this is of some help guys

still no sound but still great :D