ScummVM 1.2.0 "FaSCInating release" is here!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM 1.2.0 "FaSCInating release" is here!

Post by m_kiewitz »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Nice!
sev wrote:Early SCI 16-color games can be optionally undithered by ScummVM, making them look much better.
Well, that's subjective. I wish you guys would have disabled it by default or at least made the undither option a little more accessible than going into the console all the time. For those of us that want the original dithered graphics in all their glory it's a bit of a nuisance to have to keep disabling the function through the console every time you start an SCI0 game. I keep having to compile my own builds with it disabled by default. Not a huge issue, but it is a bit of an annoyance.
You don't have to go to console everytime.
Just go into scummvm.ini and add sci_undither=false in [scummvm] section. In this case all sci games won't get undithered. You may also add it per game section.
raina

Post by raina »

m_kiewitz wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:
sev wrote:Early SCI 16-color games can be optionally undithered by ScummVM, making them look much better.
Well, that's subjective. I wish you guys would have disabled it by default or at least made the undither option a little more accessible than going into the console all the time.
You don't have to go to console everytime.
Just go into scummvm.ini and add sci_undither=false in [scummvm] section. In this case all sci games won't get undithered. You may also add it per game section.
This is all good info which I was searching for in vain yesterday in the news post, the release notes, the README and the wiki. Finally I found out about the console command on the forums. The mentioned ini setting undither didn't seem to work anymore, though. So yeah, I'm glad I know now but it didn't have to be that hard. ;)
maximus

Post by maximus »

Huge congrats to everyone involved. This may be one of the most epic releases of ScummVM.

Hats off to you all ;)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Indeed, good to know. Should be documented better. I guess that's why ScummVM needs a good manual, though.
fil--21

Post by fil--21 »

where is ppc realese ? is there any news about ppc version ?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

fil--21 wrote:where is ppc realese ? is there any news about ppc version ?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9473
fil--21

Post by fil--21 »

KuroShiro wrote:
fil--21 wrote:where is ppc realese ? is there any news about ppc version ?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9473
thanks , maybe you know , is there an option to create a shortcut to windows start menu for each game ? or you still have to for some games run scummvm1.exe and for some scummvm2.exe ?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

fil--21 wrote: thanks , maybe you know , is there an option to create a shortcut to windows start menu for each game ? or you still have to for some games run scummvm1.exe and for some scummvm2.exe ?
If you're talking about doing so on the PPC port I'm not exactly sure, you'd be better off asking in that subforum. However, I know it is possible to do in normal Windows.

To do so, you simply append the target for the game you want to run to the end of a shortcut to ScummVM. For example, if I wanted to run Discworld directly from a shortcut, I would make a shortcut that had: "[dirs]/scummvm.exe dw", since "dw" is the default target for the game.

To see a full list of targets for the games you've added, use the command prompt and enter "scummvm.exe -t", or check the individual game under the "Edit Game" dialogue in the main program.
lincruste

Post by lincruste »

apaapa wrote: I wish I could, but where is the Android port?
Yeah where?