2xSAI - .ini access?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ColinPowell

2xSAI - .ini access?

Post by ColinPowell »

Thanks a lot for a great forum/community! I have been a long time user of ScummVM - perhaps 4 years - but have a question I can't find the answer for.

I can't access anything in 'Graphics mode' other than 'default' or 'normal'. I need access to 2xSAI etc.

Is there something I'm missing? I have tried a bunch of versions with none letting me access that setting.

Is there a way to manually set this in the scummvm.ini?

Thanks - HTC HD Mini, WinMo6.5 - Flight of the Amazon Queen.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I believe the options dialog asks the "backend" (the part that actually handles the sound, graphics, etc.) which graphics modes are supported, so if all you see are "default" and "normal" (which I guess are the same things), that's all you can get.

If I'm looking at the right part of the source code (I don't really know anything about the PocketPC/WinCE port), there are two lists of supported graphics modes: One for "Low end devices 240x320" and one for "High end device 480x640". I'm guessing that it thinks your display only has 240x320 pixels (or at least less than 640x400), which makes scaling the image to anything larger than that pointless.
ColinPowell

Post by ColinPowell »

Thanks for the prompt response.

When the device is in landscape mode - it is 480*320.

Is there no way to force scummVM to scale the image up? Even using the 2x mode, where the pixels are doubled, would solve my problem - the 'walk, use, close...' menus are too small for my big fingers.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ColinPowell wrote: When the device is in landscape mode - it is 480*320.

Is there no way to force scummVM to scale the image up? Even using the 2x mode, where the pixels are doubled, would solve my problem - the 'walk, use, close...' menus are too small for my big fingers.
I think the smallest native resolution of any game ScummVM supports is 320x200 pixels, which a 2x scaler would turn into 640x400. A 1.5x scaler would be needed, I guess. I don't know if an of the other ScummVM ports have one, or how they deal with the problem.

But as I said, it's all academic to me. I'm only involved with the desktop version of ScummVM.
ColinPowell

Post by ColinPowell »

eriktorbjorn wrote:A 1.5x scaler would be needed, I guess. I don't know if an of the other ScummVM ports have one, or how they deal with the problem.
Perfect summary - this is what I'm looking for. Any help from the PocketScumm team would be appreciated.