Does the iPhone/iPad version support anything except SCUMM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LessThanLuke

Does the iPhone/iPad version support anything except SCUMM?

Post by LessThanLuke »

Okay since the iPhone forum's pretty dead and since this is a fairly non-platform-nitty-gritty question hopefully it's okay here, if not, apologies:

I'm going to Help, About within 1.1.1 (latest stable) of ScummVM on my Apple iPad, and I'm only seeing SCUMM listed under the available engines. I also can't get anything non-SCUMM (Simon, ITE, Discworld) to be detected when selecting their directories.

I've seen other people posting that they've been playing these games on the Apple devices, but I've had no luck getting either 1.1.1 or a nightly build to detect either of them. The same builds are fine on Win or OSX ScummVM.

Any comments/ideas here?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The official iPhone / iPad version definitely supports other engines. In fact it should support all of them. Where did you get the version you are using from, and how did you install it?

The iPhone forum is not "dead", either, in fact I'd say many people read all new postings, no matter in which subforum you wrote them, so I don't think cross posting is a good idea in general (I saw you previous post, too, but did not get around to writing a reply yet).
LessThanLuke

Post by LessThanLuke »

Then I guess posting here worked, if it got the reply quicker ;) Though as I said, apologies if this wasn't / isn't the place.

I got the latest build direct from adding the Urban Fanatics source to Cydia, then installing ScummVM from there. It's build 1.1.148890 (May 2, 2010).

I've had a chance to try a few more games, The 7th Guest works, as does the first Kyrandia, the first Gobliiins, both Broken Swords, Cruise For A Corpse, and Beneath A Steel Sky. So perhaps this isn't an engine thing.

Very puzzling though.
LessThanLuke

Post by LessThanLuke »

Okay yeah to confirm, fixed now, this was my own foolishness. I copied the files using iPhoneExplorer, then when checking later using WinSCP and SSH, a couple of the larger files were a few bytes out in size. Re-uploaded using WinSCP (much slower!) but now all's working fine!