SCI Pre-Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Re: Quest for Glory I VGA - Problems with combat buttons

Post by clone2727 »

KuroShiro wrote:Er, ok, that is weird. Whenever I build the latest trunk (with MinGW) it will not display the revision number, just the date and time. Maybe it is the compiler.
You probably use TortoiseSVN then. The revision will only be displayed if the command line svn tool is available.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

Finished KQ6 Windows English (long path)
Scummvm win32 1.2.0svn51462 on Windows XP pro SP3

only problem i had was on the lower level of the catacombs there was no music after you light the torch. Also, i don't know whether or not the music track at the end played because my dvd-drive that the cd was in isn't connected through the analog connection, so...
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Mataku wrote:Finished KQ6 Windows English (long path)

only problem i had was on the lower level of the catacombs there was no music after you light the torch. Also, i don't know whether or not the music track at the end played because my dvd-drive that the cd was in isn't connected through the analog connection, so...
The track at the end is CD audio, so you have to do the normal thing to get it to play (rip it, name it track01.xxx).

On that note, it would probably be helpful to a lot of people (myself included) if the devs could post some needed data files for specific SCI games. Usually the resource.* files are enough, but not always.
Mads Østerby

Re: Quest for Glory I VGA - Problems with combat buttons

Post by Mads Østerby »

clone2727 wrote:
Mads Østerby wrote:ScummVM Version: Win32 ScummVM Daily Snapshot (build from Subversion, 3882K Win32 exe file, last update: July 29, 2010, 12:22 pm)
When you start ScummVM and the launcher appears, what version does it say there?
It says 1.2.0svn51462 (Jul 29 2010 22:20:33).

Kind regards,
Mads Østerby
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Game Version: CD/Dos/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 51504

Problems: Can advance farther now, but game is still not completable due to bug 3037192. Also one small sound error (3037161).
Collector

Post by Collector »

The CD audio track is just The Girl In the Tower which is only played at the end of the Windows version. The DOS version uses a lower quality mono version packed in the resources. All of the other music is MIDI.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

Collector wrote:

The CD audio track is just The Girl In the Tower which is only played at the end of the Windows version. The DOS version uses a lower quality mono version packed in the resources. All of the other music is MIDI.
cool redundant information, bro.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Game: EcoQuest II: Lost Secret of the Rainforest
Game Version: Floppy/DOS/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0svn51505
Operating System: Windows 7

--Retest--
Completable with problems and a potential crash.

Problems:
* 3037274 - If you use the hand icon on the cage on the far right either the "Squawk" text is garbled of if not (as was the case most of my test attempts) the game crashes and ScummVM closes without warning.
* 3037267 - When Adam sneaks down the rope out of the wooden house Gonzales is meant to be doing a dance. However in ScummVM when he is meant to be walking left and right the first couple of times in the dance he just stands on the spot on one leg. How it should be can be seen in this video at 6:47 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hJ7Ol9qOo
* 3037126 - When the graphics are meant to fade out the background vanishes, then the objects slowly fade.
* 3037122 - When playing the shaman's facepaint puzzle all the text appart from the clues flashes up so quickly that you dont get the chance to read it.
* 3036805 - When you are in the village, if you have the speed in the menu set up to full you appear to warp to the destination because you go so fast. However, elsewhere (earlier in the game at least) full speed is much slower. If you walk to the far right of the village to outside the shaman's hut, you slow down temporarily again until you leave that screen. Once you are away from the hut you speed up again. It now seems this happens at various points throught the game
* 3035386 - As reported by KuroShiro.
Last edited by Graxer on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: EcoQuest II: Lost Secret of the Rainforest
Game Version: Floppy/Dos/English

Problems: I can also confirm that this game is completable. In addition to the bugs graxer listed above, there was one graphical glitch: 3037340.

I did not encounter the error with Gonzales' dancing mentioned above. Could be an issue with different versions?

The issue with the speed slider seems to be pervasive throughout the engine -- it also happens in SQ1VGA.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Here is a video I recorded of the bug I encountered http://yfrog.com/izclip0001pz .

Also, the glitch you reported was the garbled text I mentioned in my crash report. It seemed to happen when you did anything that caused the birds to squawk. (It crashed the first time I released the birds, after displaying the graphic correctly for a split-second, the second time I got that glitch instead.)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game: Codename: ICEMAN
Game Version: Dos/English

Problems: EDIT: The game is completable with a workaround of bug 3037373.

Everything else seems to work fine, and the bug listed on the "Known Bugs" page in the wiki is no longer present. I forgot how homicide-inducingly awful some of the puzzles in this game are.
PhiloHippus

Laura Bow 2 (CD & Floppy)

Post by PhiloHippus »

Game: Laura Bow 2 (Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra)
Game Version: CD/Dos/English & Floppy/Dos/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0Svn51505

Problems: Both versions of the game are currently not completable due to bug 3036306, which causes the player to get stuck in the docks during Act I.

Will post developments if bug is fixed.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Game:Laura Bow I: The Colonel's Bequest
Game Version: Dos/English (1.000.046)

Problems: Game is not completable due to bug 3037410.

Also, if you watch the intro the game will hang briefly after the clock displays 7:00, and you have to click to continue.
PhiloHippus

King's Quest I

Post by PhiloHippus »

Game: King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown, SCI Remake
Game Version: Dos/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0Svn51505

Problems: None whatsoever. I did use this walkthrough though, so I can't say I came across all situations in the game, but it's definitely 100% completable.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Graxer wrote:3037262
Bah, you screwed me up there. The link is correct, but the text you wrote is not. I don't use the links when filling in the wiki field, just the bug number. I didn't think EcoQuest had anything to do with "MP under cytokinesis" :P