SCI Pre-Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

KuroShiro wrote:Game: King's Quest V
Game Version: Dos/English (Floppy)
EGA or VGA?
Collector

Post by Collector »

KuroShiro wrote:Game: Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter VGA
Game Version: Dos/English
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 51450

Problems: The game is completable with one annoying timer bug: 3036359.
That was fixed by the NRS patch.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

clone2727 wrote:
EGA or VGA?
The VGA version.
Collector wrote:That was fixed by the NRS patch.
Yes, but can ScummVM actually use the patch files? It'd be nice to have it fixed in the program. All the other things fixed by that patch are working fine in ScummVM without it.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

KuroShiro wrote:
clone2727 wrote:
EGA or VGA?
The VGA version.
Collector wrote:That was fixed by the NRS patch.
Yes, but can ScummVM actually use the patch files? It'd be nice to have it fixed in the program. All the other things fixed by that patch are working fine in ScummVM without it.
Yes, ScummVM can use all the content patches that SCI games use, apart from patches to the executable itself (obviously). The only one that it can't use right now is the big SQ4 patch from NRS, which removes the file compression of the resource files, thus our SCI version checks fail and the game doesn't start (though it's not really needed in ScummVM: most of the issues it fixes are already addressed).
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

It doesn't just fix glitches and speed issues, it alters the graphics to resemble the disk version rather than the CD version. Like the Green Sierra logo, dark red Vohaul structure in distance of first area, re-adds Radio Shock rather than Hz. So Good store in Galaxy Galleria, and adds a time code to take you to a room of all the graphics that had to be removed to avoid lawsuits.
jepael

Post by jepael »

clone2727 wrote:@jepael: OK, what revision of ScummVM? It should say it in the launcher with the ScummVM version (ie. 1.2.0svn51427 means revision 51427).
There is no other numbers there.

Code: Select all

#./scummvm-20100728_stripped -v
ScummVM 1.2.0svn (Jul 28 2010 08:08:01)
Features compiled in: Vorbis FLAC MP3 ALSA SEQ RGB zLib FluidSynth 
So was this a bad place to download after all, even though it is the only place with Linux daily build and snapshot binaries?

http://helllabs.org/scummvm/
http://helllabs.org/scummvm/i586-linux/ ... ripped.bz2

Sorry for the trouble if this was unusable. So, should I build directly from SVN then?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

jepael wrote:So was this a bad place to download after all, even though it is the only place with Linux daily build and snapshot binaries?

http://helllabs.org/scummvm/
http://helllabs.org/scummvm/i586-linux/ ... ripped.bz2

Sorry for the trouble if this was unusable. So, should I build directly from SVN then?
The buildlog says it was r51407. Just make sure you report that revision in the future. I'll add the test.
0handle

Post by 0handle »

Game: Quest for Glory: So you want to be a Hero? (EGA)
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 51418

Problems: Game crashes when exiting the graveyard.
ERROR: [VM] kDisposeScript[3]: signature mismatch via method rm64::dispose (script 64, room 63, localCall 0xffff
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

0handle wrote:Problems: Game crashes when exiting the graveyard.
ERROR: [VM] kDisposeScript[3]: signature mismatch via method rm64::dispose (script 64, room 63, localCall 0xffff
clone2727 wrote:As you play through the game, try not to die too much, save often, and note down any bugs that you find so you can report them on the bug tracker.
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Post by m_kiewitz »

0handle wrote:Game: Quest for Glory: So you want to be a Hero? (EGA)
ScummVM Version: 1.2.0SVN 51418

Problems: Game crashes when exiting the graveyard.
this issue was already known, just the room number was wrong. fixed this in r51476 - no need to report it to bug tracker anymore
Mads Østerby

Quest for Glory I VGA - Problems with combat buttons

Post by Mads Østerby »

Game: Quest for Glory I: So You Want to Be a Hero
Game Version: VGA Remake/DOS/English
ScummVM Version: Win32 ScummVM Daily Snapshot (build from Subversion, 3882K Win32 exe file, last update: July 29, 2010, 12:22 pm)
Operating System: Vista 32-bit.

Problems:

The combat buttons work only sometimes which makes it impossible to get very far in the game. This has been reported in the Bug Tracker (ID: 3036756).
clone2727
Retired

Re: Quest for Glory I VGA - Problems with combat buttons

Post by clone2727 »

Mads Østerby wrote:ScummVM Version: Win32 ScummVM Daily Snapshot (build from Subversion, 3882K Win32 exe file, last update: July 29, 2010, 12:22 pm)
When you start ScummVM and the launcher appears, what version does it say there?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

clone2727 wrote:
Mads Østerby wrote:ScummVM Version: Win32 ScummVM Daily Snapshot (build from Subversion, 3882K Win32 exe file, last update: July 29, 2010, 12:22 pm)
When you start ScummVM and the launcher appears, what version does it say there?
In general if you build code from the SVN yourself with the default options, the revision # will not display on the main menu.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

KuroShiro wrote:In general if you build code from the SVN yourself with the default options, the revision # will not display on the main menu.
Yes it does. I only build from SVN.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

clone2727 wrote:
KuroShiro wrote:In general if you build code from the SVN yourself with the default options, the revision # will not display on the main menu.
Yes it does. I only build from SVN.
Er, ok, that is weird. Whenever I build the latest trunk (with MinGW) it will not display the revision number, just the date and time. Maybe it is the compiler.