unofficial android 2.x port (based on SDL backend)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

toolchains: arm-linux-elf (GCC-3.4.6)
sdl-lib & sdl-lib wrapper port by mamaich

control:

Menu - menu ket
Skip - back key
Virtual Keyboard - Search key
left mouse click - touch screen or d-pad fire
right click - camera key
for device without camera key will be added later

updated 28.06.2010
- now with good touch control

http://anddev.at.ua/news/scummvm_port_i ... 10-06-02-1
AlienTwo

Post by AlienTwo »

Awesome work man, but how can I enter numbers into the "Lame-o-Copy protection" at the beginning? I am using a Droid, and the search key isn't bringing up the keyboard.
AlienTwo

Post by AlienTwo »

AlienTwo wrote:Awesome work man, but how can I enter numbers into the "Lame-o-Copy protection" at the beginning? I am using a Droid, and the search key isn't bringing up the keyboard.
Please disregard this, all I needed to do was read the directions. Great VM, my friend!!!!
spiry2sick

Post by spiry2sick »

Thanks a lot for the effort!
xstrider

Post by xstrider »

Love using the port. I am using the alt version because I have no Camera Key. But since that uses the Search key to do the Right Click, I have issues bringing up the virtual keyboard.

I can bring it up long pressing menu until soft version keyboard comes up, than hit the enter key, but unable to use it since the menu screen is up in the background. Have you also mapped it somewhere else as well?
thefunkygibbon

Post by thefunkygibbon »

fantastic port dude. works a treat.

only problem i have is that it doesnt save any of the configuration of the scumm app. ie I have to re-add the game/save folder each time i run it which is a bit of a ball ache.

I have a desire running on 2.2, but it did the same on my stock 2.1
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

thefunkygibbon,
You must have scummvm dir on sd-card
thefunkygibbon

Post by thefunkygibbon »

i do do
daemonios

ScummVM on HTC Legend (Android 2.1)

Post by daemonios »

Hi guys! Just found out about the port and installed it on my Legend. Tried Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky, both working :) This is a great job, thanks!

Some issues:

- Screen is tiny and "trackball" behaviour is a bit erratic, so clicking small objects/buttons is difficult.
- No sound. I've read that some people managed to get sound in Android ports by messing with the sound configs. Gonna try that.
- Touchscreen always works as left-click. If I want to drag the cursor somewhere to right-click, it first left-clicks when I release the screen. Maybe solved by "switch mouse button"? Have to try that too.
- Only way to get acceptable speeds (especially in cutscenes) was to turn off anti-aliasing and scaling. Is this a version issue? Weak CPU in Legend?

Anyway, thanks again! I'll be checking regularly for updates. Cheers!

[EDIT]
Something that just occurred to me. Though I don't have true multi-touch, some apps seem to recognize 2-finger input. Would it be possible to run the game at native resolution, or maybe zoomed in, and use 2-finger drag to pan through the screen? That'd really help with my first issue.
SoWhy

Post by SoWhy »

Nice work, finally a port that works on my Desire :-)

One request though:
Can you enable Froyo's App on SD card feature for this app? With more than 25 MB it's really eating up my internal memory :-/

Regards
SoWhy
fbusson

Post by fbusson »

On the Desire, you can move any app to the µSD without the need of beeing root (see : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742379 to know how).

But moving scummvm was a bit disappointing, it still consumes 20MB. You free neverthelesss 5MB.
SoWhy

Post by SoWhy »

fbusson wrote:On the Desire, you can move any app to the µSD without the need of beeing root (see : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742379 to know how).

But moving scummvm was a bit disappointing, it still consumes 20MB. You free neverthelesss 5MB.
That's the point. It would be nice if the whole app or at least major parts of it could be saved to the SD card :-)
GFXi0N

Post by GFXi0N »

Maybe its a dumb question but... how to install it? after unzipping there are more zips and a buch of files....

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, found it.......

Which version of both should i use?

Spica 2.1.......Thanks!
SoWhy

Post by SoWhy »

GFXi0N wrote:Maybe its a dumb question but... how to install it? after unzipping there are more zips and a buch of files....

Thanks!
You need the .apk file to install it (like any other app you can do so using HTC Sync or using ASTRO) and then create a scummvm/ folder on the SD card and unzip the scummvm.zip to it.
SoWhy

Post by SoWhy »

GFXi0N wrote:Maybe its a dumb question but... how to install it? after unzipping there are more zips and a buch of files....

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, found it.......

Which version of both should i use?

Spica 2.1.......Thanks!
If you have a camera button, use the normal version, if not, use the -alt version. As for sound, I'd recommend you download both the vorbis and the tremor version and see which one works for you. The author says that vorbis won't work on the i5700, so it might not work with the Spica as well. I use vorbis-alt on my HTC Desire running Froyo.