fanadventures.net - Community for Developers and Adventurers

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Marvel

fanadventures.net - Community for Developers and Adventurers

Post by Marvel »

Hello adventure game fans,
we like to introduce a new community - www.fanadventures.net

This web portal may even be called a primer, since it's the first of its kind (known to us) to recruit its audience not only from adventure gaming enthusiasts and editors of adventure gaming sites, but also from the people behind the fun: the developers themselves!

So not only are we talking about those well-known professional developing companies and teams, but of course about you guys, i. e. amateur developing teams formed by ambitious individuals! And registered members will get quite a lot of possibilities on here, in every way.

Functions:
• Write news articles including attachments of pictures and/or videos
• Meet users and artists you like - worldwide!
• Adventure gaming market. Buy or sell games...
• Very comprehensive forum system
• Increase the popularity of your own game
• Inform about adventure game engines, projects and tutorials

Some Teams in the community:
• Return of the Tentacle (DOTT2)
• Zak McKracken between time and space
• Star Trek Adventures:Year One
• Frantic Franco
• Sherman Bragbone
• Indiana Jones and the 7 Cities of Gold
• Kaptain Brawe

Since our pool of ideas will never drain (hopefully!), this project is supposed to grow and prosper even more in the future. Certainly we are more than happy about your guys' ideas, so that we can enhance and expand the site to your benefit!

So keep your project updates current, write articles, sell your gaming projects and many many more...

We're looking forward to meeting you in our community soon!
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

Quite nice. :)

This type of website is indeed needed, for the community to be concentrated somewhere.

Hope you won't have legal problems with licensed fanmade titles.

Cheers :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, considering there are half a dozen or more similar sites out there, I am not sure whether this will help to "concentrate" the community... :)

(Note: I am not arguing against this new website, I just think garrythefish's argument is a bit... hmm... illogical? :)
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

fingolfin wrote:(Note: I am not arguing against this new website, I just think garrythefish's argument is a bit... hmm... illogical? :)
Its not illogical, if you consider how bad the competition sites are, just cloging the internet with quantity, and very little quality and organization. A good one would make the long waited migration of the dispersed community to one place happen at last, particularly the fanmade game type. And concerning other things, maybe even inspire some improvements to the old ones and maybe sprawn a few other sites one day. Who knows, the sky's the limit.

Lateral thinking is GOOD and healthy, y'a know. Try some :P

Plus I'm trying to be a bit... hmm... polite?

Lets hope there is some fresh energy, as it IS a new site and all, for improvements, lots of improvements, as its got potential, in my opinion. The old steamed out ones are out of motivation and ideas, let the young sites lead on. :P

I wish the very best of luck to FanAdventures.net! :D
Marvel

The community is growing rapidly

Post by Marvel »

Just to inform you - the community is growing rapidly. Currently there are 103 Members, talking about their fan made adventure games, discussing in the forums, writing their own news and so on.

International members have also been registered - from Malta, Russian Federation, South Africa, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Sweden and so on.

Seems like the stone gets rolling! :) Hope you guys support us, too. Have a look if you like: http://www.fanadventures.net The button at the upper right corner changes the language.

Best
Marvel
www.fanadventures.net
Marvel

News at Fanadventures.net

Post by Marvel »

Once more we got several new functions, new members and projects that might interest you guys! :)

Have a look to www.fanadventures.net if you like.

Best
Marvel