Broken Sword 1 - No music no speech in intro

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

queztone

Broken Sword 1 - No music no speech in intro

Post by queztone »

Hello!

I'm sorry for opening yet another Broken Sword thread but my problem seems different from any one that I've read about here yet.

Broken Sword on Windows CE (IPAQ) works using scummvm1. The intro video works but I hear no speech or music during the intro. After the intro when George picks himself up I do hear wind sounds (sfx) and he does start talking (speech works then). But no music then either, though I'm not sure if there is music there. No music in the menu either though.

So situation:
Intro video: OKAY
Intro speech: not working
Intro music: not working
Ingame speech: working
Ingame sfx: working

I've downloaded the dxa files from here and I have copied the speech1 and speech2 files. I've tried renaming the video dir to smackshi to no avail. I've tried the speech files in a speech dir and in the main dir.

My music are wav files, this should work yes?

Thanks for any help offered! :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 1 - No music no speech in intro

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The cutscene audio is part of the cutscene files, so it has nothing to do with the regular speech or music files. (The cutscene packs have two files (three, if you count the optional subtitles add-on for Broken Sword 1) for each movie: one for video (DXA) and one for audio (FLAC).

I don't know about the PocketPC/WinCE port, but I guess it's possible that it does not support FLAC audio. There are additional audio-only add-ons on the ScummVM downloads page "for ports without FLAC support". I guess you could try one of those. (You still need the DXA files of course, as these only replace the audio.)
queztone

Post by queztone »

Ahh great! That fixes it!

Apparantly the IPAQ doesn't support FLA files for the audio for the videos. The intro music and speech works now, (using the ogg files).

This could probably be added to the support/doc support! :)