Full Throttle

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Eliasoz

Full Throttle

Post by Eliasoz »

So, apparently there's a stutter issue with this game. The cutscenes have a framerate issue. Also, the first fight on a bike before Ben crashes (didn't get to any other fights yet), stutters like INSANE. To win it I mashed the buttons so much it felt like watching images.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone has this working without these issues, and if so, what is your PSP and firmware. As well as any other details you can spare, maybe a specific workaround for the issue.

Thank you in advance :D
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Please list the version of ScummVM you're using.

What makes a big difference is if you're using compression. If you compressed your video files, there will be some slowdown. If you compressed your audio files, there will be a little bit more slowdown. You can try the subversion build which has some optimizations and support for MP3 compression using the PSP's Media Engine.
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

BTW I just played Full Throttle halfway through with MP3 and movie compression using the subversion build and it was completely smooth.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Are you running some CPU Modulator Plugins like CWcheat or CPUmodulator to reduce the CPU frequency (to save battery time). If so, I suggest to deactivate these Plugins while using ScummVM.