Just a little thank you

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zirind

Just a little thank you

Post by Zirind »

So, I pull out old games on a regular basis just to be disappointed in Windows 7's inability to run them. I just wanted to thank the SCUMMVM team for there wonderful work and allowing for the nostalgia of these old games! (By the by, I hope this is the right section...please move if it isn't XD)
Oddysee

Post by Oddysee »

I would like to second that thank you to the ScummVM team.

Thank you very much for all your hard work team! :)
phunimator

Post by phunimator »

Thirded!

I'd like to thank the ScummVM Team, and all those involved that have made this possible. Afterall, you are going out of your way to do this for us gratis when you all have your own lives to tend to as well.

The support has been outstanding, and I'm sure that mostly everyone else is as appreciative and grateful as I am for the work that the team has put in.

Well done, thanks again and keep up the fantastic work :)
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I'm extremely grateful for ScummVM too, thanks to it I can play various game classics on my mobile phone :)
rock_chick

Post by rock_chick »

I am very grateful to ScummVM and those that work on it for basically many of the reasons already mentioned. It is very annoying to find many old games not running properly on newer Operating Systems or as for those DOS games usually needing to run them in DOSBox, while I am also very grateful to it and the people that work on it as well getting a DOS game working under ScummVM is easier than doing so via DOSBox.

Keep up the wonderful work! :D
HumongousE

Post by HumongousE »

Thank you guys! This project is just so fantastic. I can play games that are too old for Windows 7 and don't work in compatibility mode. :mrgreen: You guys are fantastic!
rock_chick

Post by rock_chick »

I've never used any Windows OS made after Windows XP but as most people are aware it has too many issues running older games. I'm not interested in upgrading to Vista or v.7 but even if I was my computer would have a hard to time handling the former(if it could at all) and as far as I'm aware it can't handle the latter at all.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

rock_chick wrote:I've never used any Windows OS made after Windows XP but as most people are aware it has too many issues running older games. I'm not interested in upgrading to Vista or v.7 but even if I was my computer would have a hard to time handling the former(if it could at all) and as far as I'm aware it can't handle the latter at all.
There's basically no difference between XP and 7 in terms of playing old games. But yeah, the hardware requirements are much higher for it.

To get back on topic. Yes, thank you ScummVM team! It is not said enough.