Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Iago wrote:Gotta say Willy Beamish is something I've been aching to play on my iPhone for some time so that would be top of my fantasy list of supported games. It does work in DosBox though.

I'd also love to see Myst (although I think it sorta works) as well as Riven and Myst 3. Maybe The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition?

I know I'm getting greedy, but it's okay to dream so... The Last Express, The Journeyman Project - Legacy of Time, Virtual Springfield, Playtoons, Leisre Suit Larry - Love for Sail.

And of course, Toonstruck.

Time to wake up.
Well, Willy Beamish, Myst + Riven, The Last Express, and LSL7 are all at various stages of development and will be part of ScummVM someday. Of all of those Riven is probably the furthest along.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Atari St version of Captain Blood
Wikipedia page

:D
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Harrypoppins wrote:Atari St version of Captain Blood
Olivia de Havilland has really let herself go.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

She wanted a new ship, it done !
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Another game that just occured to me that it would be good to see support for is The Pink Panther's Passport to Peril. It was a very fun point and click adventure game! (Although, as a kid I found it very creepy at times)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Graxer wrote:Another game that just occured to me that it would be good to see support for is The Pink Panther's Passport to Peril. It was a very fun point and click adventure game! (Although, as a kid I found it very creepy at times)
looking at mobygames, it seems like a fun game...

I see there is also a sequel 'the pink panther: Hokus Pokus Pink' which also looks great..
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

SuperDre wrote:I see there is also a sequel 'the pink panther: Hokus Pokus Pink' which also looks great..
I didn't know that. That may be worth checking out actually!
KOSTAS

Post by KOSTAS »

1.Daryl's Gate Police Quest:The Open Season
2.Call Of Ctulhu Shadow of the Comet
3.Lost Eden
4.Dune (1992, adventure)
5.Universe (1994 Core Design)
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

1. Shadow of the Comet
2. Dune
3. Captain Blood
4. Lost Eden
5. the 'Tex Murphy' series (Mean Streets, Under a Killing Moon, Martian Memorandum)
5. the Dynamix series (Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China)
6. the Lankhor series (Manoir de Mortevielle / Maupiti Island)
7. Kult (Exxos)
8. the Explora Series
9. La Quete de l'oiseau du temps
10. B.A.T / B.A.T. II The Koshan Conspiracy
11. Snatcher (a classic cyberpunk game by Kojima)

Am I asking for too much ? :-)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

bsauvage wrote: Am I asking for too much ? :-)
Yes. :P

Though I believe 1 and 5 on your list are currently in early stages of development. Not sure if anyone is actively working on them though.
rock_chick

Post by rock_chick »

Tex Murphy 3 and 4(I see you didn't mention that one but I mentioned it for clarity) are as I'm aware out of the scope of ScummVM as mentioned in this topic. http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6691&
KuroShiro wrote: Though I believe 1 and 5 on your list are currently in early stages of development. Not sure if anyone is actively working on them though.
Since 5 was mentioned twice(not meaning to embarrass bsauvage) do the you mean the Tex Murphy games or the other one?
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

hehe... I was embarassed about 5 appearing twice as soon as I posted!! You're right about Tex Murphy 3 Martian Memorandum, it doesn't quite fit (although I remember seeing around here that there was some WIP on Grim Fandango which is also full 3D!).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I *think* what Kuroshiro meant was that the Dynamix series was WIP.
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Star Trek: A Final Unity
and
Star Wars: Rebel Assault 1+2
(That will never happen because it is not an Adventure but Technically it would be no big Problem)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

McKnallski wrote: Star Wars: Rebel Assault 1+2
(That will never happen because it is not an Adventure but Technically it would be no big Problem)
Sounds like a pretty big problem to me. From what I understand they're a bit like the biker fight scenes in Full Throttle, which as far as I know use a lot of hard-coded game logic.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

bsauvage wrote:hehe... I was embarassed about 5 appearing twice as soon as I posted!! You're right about Tex Murphy 3 Martian Memorandum, it doesn't quite fit (although I remember seeing around here that there was some WIP on Grim Fandango which is also full 3D!).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I *think* what Kuroshiro meant was that the Dynamix series was WIP.
Whoops. Yes, you are correct. There's an engine in progress for the Dynamix games, not Tex Murphy.