Scummvm on Facebook

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rock_chick

Scummvm on Facebook

Post by rock_chick »

With Facebook being one of biggest social networking sites these days I was surprised to see no Group for it on it. Would there be any such interest?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, I personally never understood why one needs Facebook groups everything... or, for that matter, why one needs Facebook... :). Esp. in this case, it seems best to me to discuss ScummVM related things here, and not scatter them over dozens of other places...

As it is, though, you are a free net citizen (I assume) and as such are free to found any groups on Facebook or anywhere else that you desire, so nobody will or can stop you :).
Mataku

Re: Scummvm on Facebook

Post by Mataku »

rock_chick wrote: I was surprised to see no Group for it
what's this then?
Collector

Post by Collector »

fingolfin wrote:Well, I personally never understood why one needs Facebook groups everything... or, for that matter, why one needs Facebook... :). Esp. in this case, it seems best to me to discuss ScummVM related things here, and not scatter them over dozens of other places...
I feel pretty much the same way. Besides, the forum is a kind of knowledgebase. Keeping it centralized here makes it a lot easier to find information that may not be in the documentation or the Wiki.
rock_chick

Re: Scummvm on Facebook

Post by rock_chick »

Mataku wrote:
rock_chick wrote: I was surprised to see no Group for it
what's this then?
That's a Page about ScummVM(seems to be an business one) on Facebook, not an actual Group.
here is another one
That one is I think a Community Page on the other hand.
fingolfin wrote:Well, I personally never understood why one needs Facebook groups everything... or, for that matter, why one needs Facebook... :). Esp. in this case, it seems best to me to discuss ScummVM related things here, and not scatter them over dozens of other places...

As it is, though, you are a free net citizen (I assume) and as such are free to found any groups on Facebook or anywhere else that you desire, so nobody will or can stop you :).
I wasn't suggesting starting a Group for ScummVM myself as such but rather seeing people's opinions about the idea. However I had a similar feeling about at least some of those reasons for not having one earlier, Groups on Facebook are more for places that don't have official forums and/or chatrooms.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Facebook is pointless... this place isn't :)