lang/ver specific compatibility list

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

glokidd

lang/ver specific compatibility list

Post by glokidd »

I have been making a language/version specific compatibility list. I have started by copy/pasting the original list from the site to wordpad and then building on that with info on the different versions from the MD5 page.
the next thing i need is the names of the games in other languages.
I had this neat sample of the format im using that i was going to post, unfortuneately it couldnt keep the spacing that i use so maybe ill just set it up as a yousendit link.Sev, you metioned a couple of sites that could help with the alternate names for the games, if so that would be a great help. Also any information about the supported games that aren't Humongous or Lucasarts (bass, fotaq,etc) would be appreciated, as the MD5 page doesent seem to have any(lang, ver, id's, etc).
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i was just going to post the freddi fish sample, but decided to just post the whole thing so far. Make sure you open your rtf text editor first then open the file from the open menu, to keep the spacing
http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ACI ... TQY9O1LZE4
if you scroll down to freddi fish 3 you can see the way i plan to do this. any feedback on the formating at this point would be great, as i can change it before getting to far ahead.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Nice start.

http://www.transposia.com/ has info in 3 languages on different Humongous Entertainment localizations, including Frenach and Netherlands.

Eugene
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

I will also help you with this.

I can provide you all the german names at least, and could (with some research) also help with french, italian and spanish.

I'll hop in in the later afternoon, ok?

Joachim
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

OK, i have finished the preliminary list for LA and HE games and have started to add the french names from the transposia site (thanks sev). certain parts of the preliminary list are missing; the completion percentages of: Freddi Fish 5, either one stop fun shop, humongougus int. catalog and paj. sam games to play on any day. Also is there a place where i can find out the release info for the non LA or HE games that are supported?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

added netherlands game names from transposia site, execpt for a few i coulnt translate: De Grote Griezelbox, Freddi Fish Dam Dadi Dam, Pajama sam SokkenSoep, Pajama sams Verloren Voorwerpen. I might change te CD tags for these versions to DVD, as that seems to bee the format. Heres a new link
http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BFG ... 26W2FPD3BF
Im enjoying this, i get to learn new languages and help out at the same time :) probably should sleep more though :D
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Hi glokidd, those are the only two LA games with a native spanish name:

El Día del Tentáculo

Indiana Jones y la Última Cruzada

I guess you can figure which games are meant :wink:
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

thanks joachim, those are added now. i think i can get the LA names in french and italian as well tonight.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

it would seem that the italian version of Indy3 is very similar to spanish, it is Indiana Jones e L 'Ultima Crociata. now im googleing for the russian, hebrew, italian, and spanish names for the Humongous entertainment Games. I had never tried the HE games before( which is sort of strange as im a regular at GrumpyGamer.com) but doing this list made me give the demos a look. I love the interactivity of every scene. Im sure that once i have children i will enjoy sharing freddi fish and pajama sam with them.
PS i had no luck with the french names of LA games
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I suggest you to request a user account on our Wiki and edit the list right there. I could fill in Russian titles. Send the request to Max Horn aka Fingolfin via e-mail, specifying your real name, your desired nick, password and e-mail address.

Eugene
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

umm, silly question, but where can i find fingolfins e-mail? could you PM it to me sev (or fingolfin)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

glokidd wrote:umm, silly question, but where can i find fingolfins e-mail? could you PM it to me sev (or fingolfin)
You could PM him.
http://forums.scummvm.org/profile.php?m ... ofile&u=12
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Ok ive got the wiki account now, although im not exactly sure how or wher to start. If someone could give me a nudge in the right direction it would be a great help. i just feel silly
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

glokidd wrote:Ok ive got the wiki account now, although im not exactly sure how or wher to start. If someone could give me a nudge in the right direction it would be a great help. i just feel silly
Create "International Game Titles" page.

Eugene
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Hi glokidd, I have set you up a minimal wiki page.

Since it's empty, you can mess around a little to get some insight on how wikis work.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Inter ... ame_Titles

Joachim

Take hints from other articles with similiar content on how to buil your page.

eg. click edit on an existing page, study the formatting Wiki uses, copy a table or so, and paste it into your page. That's how I started.

Examples:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HE_Games_List