The Curse of Monkey Island on Nokia 5800

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mataku

Post by Mataku »

with compressed movie files - no sound in cutscenes also. I'm telling you, dude, check the problem with the compressed audio, and you might come across the solution to everything. WALT!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ok! Now I found the issue. I should have compred my SDL port abit more with Hannus version and installed that cleanup stack. Building a new SVN version now that should support COMI nicely with audio. :-) Might fix some other issues also. :-)
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Anotherguest wrote:Ok! Now I found the issue. I should have compred my SDL port abit more with Hannus version and installed that cleanup stack. Building a new SVN version now that should support COMI nicely with audio. :-) Might fix some other issues also. :-)
wow, you'll be famous, there are millions of people waiting for MK3 on their phone...
please keep us posted.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can download a latest SVN snapshot here:
http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/scummv ... v3_all.sis

COMI works fine on my N97 Mini! :-)
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Anotherguest wrote:You can download a latest SVN snapshot here:
http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/scummv ... v3_all.sis

COMI works fine on my N97 Mini! :-)
wow, this is really great.
really thanks for your excellent work, congratulations.
It works fine on my Sony Ericsson Satio (S60 5th) now.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

what about compressed audio? I'm only asking because it would be faster\easier for me to copy my compressed 500MB version to my MMC than the full version from both cds.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

I don't know, I tryed with the uncompressed version (from the original cd) since I'm not able to compress the file.
Can you tell me how to compress files? I can try it for you.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Compressed audio might work, it might have been affected by this problem also. SO please test.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

if someone will teach me how to compress the audio I will try :P
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

is there a way to increase the volume?
the scumm vm volume is set to highest, is it possible to increase volume also in the game menu?

Thanks.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Use the ScummVM tools available here: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/ to compress your data.

Abit ackward to raise.. Press small square.. press cur, press CTRL, Press NUM if no ^ is visible, press ^ to raise volume press CTRL again
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Anotherguest wrote:Use the ScummVM tools available here: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/ to compress your data.

Abit ackward to raise.. Press small square.. press cur, press CTRL, Press NUM if no ^ is visible, press ^ to raise volume press CTRL again
excellent the audio tips worked.
have you got some tip also to open the inventory and use the object in it? it is quite a pain to do it, probably there is a faster way that I don't know.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I haven't tried it myself, but on the pc, pressing the latter "I" would open the inventory. try with the Vkeybaord, might be easier. Also, anotherguest has hinted that he might assign the physical volume buttons to be used as left and right clicks. What's the news on that?
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

I'm not able to compress files so I can't give you any news on the compressed audio, I will use the uncompressed one since it works well on my phone.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

So, any layman explanation as to why this only affected V5 systems, anotherguest?