Installing Latest Daily Build?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

yeah yeah

Installing Latest Daily Build?

Post by yeah yeah »

Need some help installing the latest daily build onto the iphone.

I installed the latest version of SCUMMVM from Cydia, launched iPhoneBrowser, navigated to root/applications/scummvm.app/ and copied all the files from the latest daily build in there...but scummvm isn't launching. closes right away.

i've done this before, and it worked...but having issues now.

thoughts?
yeah yeah

Post by yeah yeah »

damn, nothing?

anyway, managed to get it to work...for a while anyway. seems that the constant crashing ended up killing it to the point where i had to completely remove it, and reinstalling it. definitely not worth it.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Same issue here on both daily build and daily trunk since sometime in October.
Running 3GS firmware 3.1.2

Good to know I'm not the only one with the issue ... :(
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Are you guys codesigning the binary?

What the last post here says: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7452

If that ends up being the problem, I'll make a sticky with instructions.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

ahah!!!

So either with the trunk or the svn, once we have copied the files on the iphone we simply need to use mobileterminal in the scummvm app directory and run:
ldid -S ScummVM

???

can't wait to try that when i'm back home tonight... That would be awesome if this was the case. Indeed I had missed that.

Thanks
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

YES!
I confirm this now works (on the Trunk as well) after ssh'ing into the iphone and doing the string of commands that's indicated in the attached post.

THANK YOU!!!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Great :).

I also made some changes to buildbot now that should make this unnecessary (i.e. it'll be codesigned as part of the build process).
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Thank you so much for your help...! This issue had been bugging me for a while!

Now I have one more question related to the trunk: all engines are supposed to be allowed in the trunk, no? Specifically I'm trying to have some fun with Lands of Lore but the game isn't recognised...
Do I need to build ScummVM from the sources and manually enable it before compiling ?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

bsauvage wrote: Now I have one more question related to the trunk: all engines are supposed to be allowed in the trunk, no? Specifically I'm trying to have some fun with Lands of Lore but the game isn't recognised...
Do I need to build ScummVM from the sources and manually enable it before compiling ?
All engines are enabled yeah, so if LOL doesn't start there's likely some other reason.

Is that version of the game recognized a the desktop version of ScummVM? (a trunk snapshot of one, at least). If not, the version you have may be unknown.

If it is: Check the ScummVM logs on the iPhone. SSH to the phone, do "tail -f /var/mobile/.scummvm.log", then start ScummVM and see what the output says.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Actually... it is working! I wasn't importing all the files from the DATA folder of the CD... my bad!

Working perfectly on both the PC and iphone ports.

THANK YOU !!!!!
yeah yeah

Post by yeah yeah »

Get any SCI games working?
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

yes (but buggy still)
I tried Laura Bow 2 and a few space quests...
kstab

Post by kstab »

I am desperately trying to use daily biult for iphone as i want to play Riven -which is only compatible with daily built versions- and i can't.....

I unzip the file "iphone daily built" and then trasfer them to applications/scummvm

and then scummvm won't start!!!

excuse me if my question has been answered but i am a newbie.

Thanks in advance for every help....
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

kstab wrote:I am desperately trying to use daily biult for iphone as i want to play Riven -which is only compatible with daily built versions- and i can't.....

I unzip the file "iphone daily built" and then trasfer them to applications/scummvm

and then scummvm won't start!!!

excuse me if my question has been answered but i am a newbie.

Thanks in advance for every help....
Try restarting your phone. Springboard (the iPhone launcher) gets upset if you replace a binary with a different one, so it needs to be restarted.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

kstab wrote:I am desperately trying to use daily biult for iphone as i want to play Riven -which is only compatible with daily built versions- and i can't.....
Heh, let me know how it turns out (no bug reports, please). I just got my iPod Touch jailbroken so I can try this out too.