iPad port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

naevity

iPad port

Post by naevity »

So... Any chance of an iPad port once it's jail broken? :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Sure. There is always a chance. We'll see :).
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

It's been... 1 day since the iPad came out. Patience, young grasshopper
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Old news apparently: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS339969080220100405

Though the hack seems not to be released yet :-).
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I'm definitely getting an iPad once it's released here in Canada, so there's a good chance of that yeah :).
Food_Fight

Post by Food_Fight »

This might sound really stupid but why not just get into the app store and offer a tool to FTP the games into the app? That way everything is above board and more accessible for the avg person.

Would you guys even consider that? Would Apple block the app from entering into the store?

I'm on my iPad right now and need some GOOD games for this thing!! :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Food_Fight wrote:This might sound really stupid but why not just get into the app store and offer a tool to FTP the games into the app? That way everything is above board and more accessible for the avg person.

Would you guys even consider that? Would Apple block the app from entering into the store?

I'm on my iPad right now and need some GOOD games for this thing!! :)
There have been numerous debates on this in the iPhone port thread. Short answer: no. Long answer: read the thread :)
sofakng

iPad jailbreak released!

Post by sofakng »

The iPad (and iPhone 3.1.3) jailbreak has just been released :)

I'm really, really hoping that ScummVM is updated for the larger screen. This would be the PERFECT device for it!
JF2481

Post by JF2481 »

Just installed the ScummVM iPhone port on my 16GB Wifi iPad! Seems to run without a hitch so far. Everything looks great, and game interfaces are much easier to navigate with the extra screen real estate (as opposed to playing on an iphone).

Something about the touch-screen even feels much more interactive or organic.

The iPad's 2x scaling doesn't look bad on the older games. Hoepfully we'll see an update for the iPad so higher-res games can take advantage.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The iPhone backend of ScummVM can handle any resolution (I tested this on the iPad myself yesterday using the official SDK), so I just need to figure out how to tell the OS that we want the full resolution, and that should be it).

EDIT: Well, there's a couple of other minor things, like get the launcher GUI to use a higher res than 320x240, and start in non-touchpad mode by default.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Since we coincidentally released ScummVM 1.1.1 today, and it turns out that the change needed to enable full resolution is just a small change to Info.plist (i.e. no source changes needed at all), Cydia has now been updated with an iPad friendly version :).

The other two things I mentioned (full res launcher and non-touchpad as default) will have to wait for a dev snapshot later on.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Nice! Can't wait to try this out!!!

Thanks so much!
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Has this been uploaded to Cydia? I'm only seeing v1.0.0 on there for some reason...
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

sofakng wrote:Has this been uploaded to Cydia? I'm only seeing v1.0.0 on there for some reason...
It looks like the "iSpazio" source has added ScummVM 1.0.0 to their repository without talking to me first. And since I only update (my) UrbanFanatics.org source (which you have to add first), you're only seeing their version.

I'll see if I can track them down and either give me access to update their version myself, or remove it.
iphoneblog

Post by iphoneblog »

Does ScummVM 1.0.0 run on an iPad yet?