LOL support in official build ?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

warpdesign

LOL support in official build ?

Post by warpdesign »

Any idea when LOL support will be included in official builds ?

I know it's been in the trunk for some time now and it seems to be quite complete/stable...
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: LOL support in official build ?

Post by LordHoto »

warpdesign wrote:Any idea when LOL support will be included in official builds ?

I know it's been in the trunk for some time now and it seems to be quite complete/stable...
Probably it will be supported from ScummVM 1.2.0 on. (At least there had been talks about a 1.1.0 release cycle start recently and it's too late to get Lands of Lore into that one, apart there's still some bits to tackle).
quackshot

Post by quackshot »

I finish it with scummvm and I don't see any bug. (french version : text FR and english voices)
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

quackshot wrote:I finish it with scummvm and I don't see any bug. (french version : text FR and english voices)
That you noticed. On your computer. Playing the French version. Things could be very, very different with, say, the German version with Fedora on a computer with a PPC processor for all you or I know. I'm not just trying to be difficult, just pointing out facts. As a concrete example, there was a time not long ago when Discworld II would only work with little-endian processors. It would have been absurd to have let it be supported in a stable version only to tick off everyone with big-endian processors who wouldn't have been able to play the game.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

can you clear me up what is "LOL"?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fischkopf wrote:can you clear me up what is "LOL"?
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos. A somewhat surprising game for ScummVM to support, but apparently it uses a modified version of the game engine used by the Legend of Kyrandia games.
Lomius

So how do I get it to work?

Post by Lomius »

I have the CD version and the nonCD version. But I cant seem to get any version of ScummVM to find it. Ive used official and daily beta builds. Please explain how to get it working as I love this game!
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

You have 2 options.

- Wait until LOL is enabled in the SVN builds.
- Arrange an unofficial build that has it enabled from somewhere.

If you are on Linux x86-64, I'd love to toss you the build. I don't have the setup for a Windows or Mac compile however....
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

There are always SVN builds available from here. They should all have Lands of Lore enabled.
Lomius

sorry in my lingo svn=beta build

Post by Lomius »

ive tried many of the SVN builds to no avail. what steps need to be taken with the LOL files themselves i guess is what i am asking... i have used the svn builds to play some sci gmes. when i hear LOL was playable i was ecstatic. but i cannot figure out how to get it running....
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

For the CD version you need to copy all *.pak and *.tlk files into one directory. An exception make the files in the directories "eng", "fre" and "ger" there, those directories need to be copied as is.

Apart make sure that your SVN build says "1.2.0svn".
Lomius

Still no luck :(

Post by Lomius »

using 1.2.0 as suggested. says cant find game in specified directory :(
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

See if the console prints something like "Unsupported version / Report this to the devs" and well, do that :-)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

I don't know if it's the problem, but some of those files in the main directory should be in one of the subdirectories (like /eng). The game works on the version I just compiled.
Lomius

Post by Lomius »

i tried as you initially instructed. then i copied all files from the three directories into the root as well. didntmove just copied. neither way has worked ;( ive always been able to follow the game install instructions from your wiki. is there such instructions for LoL. or what about the noncd version. thats fine too