LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Nope, no Goblins-progress... LucasArts has priority. But there's not much more left.
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

slx

Post by slx »

thank you for this picture about the special edition.
:o
i dislike the secret of monkey island special edition.
why does the Lucas Arts do this with these great old games? :?: i think for money as a matter of fact.
i think the Lucas Arts completely ruined these games. :(

please, compare the picture of special edition with the original! :shock:
this is disgusting...for me!
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

slx wrote:
thank you for this picture about the special edition.
:o
why does the Lucas Arts do this with these great old games? :?: i think for money as a matter of fact.
i think the Lucas Arts completely ruined these games. :(

please, compare the picture of special edition with the original! :shock:
this is disgusting...for me!
And I am incredibly happy about the special editions.

Now what?
Morden

Post by Morden »

If I was to name something I didn't like about the special editions, I'd go for the lack of a retail release. Otherwise, there's virtually nothing to complain about. And it's two games in one, so if you don't like the new looks, switch to the old ones.

The downloads are affordable and they keep interest in Monkey Island alive, which is good, as it might just lead to more re-releases, conversions and maybe some proper retail versions.
why does the Lucas Arts do this with these great old games? i think for money as a matter of fact.
And all other companies release games for shits and giggles. Come on, dude. It's a business. If it sells, they'll milk it for all it's worth. Look at Telltale and the tons of merchandising they're releasing. Nobody complains, though. If it wasn't for them, things like Surfin' the Highway would still be out of reach for most.
i think the Lucas Arts completely ruined these games.
If by "ruined" you mean made them awesome, I couldn't agree more.
please, compare the picture of special edition with the original! this is disgusting...for me!
I'm sorry to see that this affects you on such a level, but yea, I also think the original was better, and thanks to our poster wizard Laserschwert, you can download the cleaned-up original in 200dpi and print your own poster, so I guess life doesn't suck that bad after all.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I think LA took exceptional care to preserve the charm of the old game (F10 toggles the old graphics, if you didn't know).

The voice acting is great, or at least of a quality level in line with the other MI games.
The graphics and animation are limited, but that was needed to preserve the fall-back to the old look.

Anyway, I think we are polluting this thread a bit.
This should be a better place to discuss the Special Edition details.
TheTrout

Post by TheTrout »

The only thing I don't like about the special editions are the posters! Seriously, that MI2:SE artwork looks like a crap sandwich next to Purcell's original.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

TheTrout wrote:that MI2:SE artwork looks like a crap sandwich next to Purcell's original.
But then again, a lot of stuff looks like crap next to a Purcell artwork ;)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm thinking of getting some of these printed for myself. What's the optimal sizes to print these off in?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Most of them are designed to be printed at 60x80cm (roughly 23.6 x 31.5 inch). Any 4:3 ratio at around that size should work for those. There are some at other aspect-ratios though.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Ok, thanks.

Anyone know of a digital poster printing place in Canada (or the US) that accepts paypal?
Hux

I was confused for a sec....

Post by Hux »

N00b here, my name's Hux. When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it meant posters like people posting on the board, y'know and we all just happened to be Lucasarts fans (well, old school Lucasarts fans anyway, the never did recover from Grim Fandango). I didn't realise it was for actual posters with artwork. I dunno, I thought it was funny.
garrythefish

Post by garrythefish »

Fantastic work!

(wish-list: Grim Fandango, many might agree ;) )
Sembiance

Post by Sembiance »

Laserschwert, thank you SO much for these great high resolution versions of these classic games.

I loved Zak McKracken as a kid, so I just had to get a 30 inch by 40 inch canvas version after seeing this post:

Here is a CD being held up so you can see the quality/size:

I'd LOVE some non LucasArts games. Some of the Bard's Tale games and some other classic games.
I'd be more than willing to fund (with real money!) your work on some other classic games.

Or if you or anyone else knows of other threads like this one for other games elsewhere on the internet, or other artists out there doing the same thing as these, please let me know so I can research it more :)
slx

Post by slx »

Please, Laserschwert make a completely clean Zak McKracken poster.