Just played BS Directors cut for first time!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rtr86

Just played BS Directors cut for first time!

Post by rtr86 »

Hi all,

Despite being a big Broken Sword fan I've only just got round to playing the 'Directors Cut' version. I'm actually really impressed with how they made it.

I'm normally put off by anything 'revival' or 'lets jump on a successful franchise bandwagon for £££'s' but this version is an exception. There is a load of new content and the story still remains true and blended in quite well.

Was there quite a lot of hype when this was released a year ago? I seemed to have totally missed it.

I've played the DS version but see it was released on wii also. Did the wii offer anything else but improved graphics + speech? Worth getting? Did they manage to get the original voices?

Finally, what else is planned on this subject. I see there was a interview with Charles Cecil who states a movie is on the cards?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

The movie's been on the cards for ages now.

I seem to remember when the DC was released Revolution said they would see how it sold and go from there and I think Steel Sky is an IP they'd like to revisit.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Red_Breast wrote:The movie's been on the cards for ages now.
The Doom movie was also something they talked about for ages, but when it finally happened it was totally worth the wait and... oh, drat!
Jorpho

Re: Just played BS Directors cut for first time!

Post by Jorpho »

rtr86 wrote:I've played the DS version but see it was released on wii also. Did the wii offer anything else but improved graphics + speech? Worth getting? Did they manage to get the original voices?
There's a little writeup at http://hardcoregaming101.net/brokenswor ... nsword.htm .
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Red_Breast wrote:The movie's been on the cards for ages now.
The Doom movie was also something they talked about for ages, but when it finally happened it was totally worth the wait and... oh, drat!
Wait your forgetting how innovative the FPS point of view part was and... oh, drat!
I've always thought that C. Cecil has never been happy with any of the scripts and if it does ever appear it will have he's approval at least and hopefully it won't be all bad. I don't really know. You never hear anything about it.

If you want more BS (!?) rtr86 you might want to try the fan-made 2.5. It has about 3-4 hours gameplay. I don't think the English voiced version is out, it has German voice audio, but you can set it to English subtitles.