Broken Sword 1, Marib level

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Retardead

Broken Sword 1, Marib level

Post by Retardead »

this has annoyed me all night, i get to the point where you have to get the toilet brush back, but it wont let me click on the bursh itself, all i get the option to do is click the stand, and he says something about the smell lingering around.

I have checked countless walkthroughs and talked to everyone a million times, has anyone else had this issue? if so how did you resolve it ?

and if not does anyone know whether i can download a savestate for just past this point?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 1, Marib level

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Retardead wrote:but it wont let me click on the bursh itself, all i get the option to do is click the stand, and he says something about the smell lingering around.
Maybe a stupid question, but... You obviously know you have to recover the brush, but has George found that out too? Sometimes, games won't let you solve a particular puzzle until the protagonist has discovered that it needs to be solved.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

And you cannot get the brush back by yourself. You need to enlist the help of somebody else.
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

Wasn't there the possibility of a dead end in Marib?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

SithlordDK wrote:Wasn't there the possibility of a dead end in Marib?
I read of such a bug in the GBA version, which was modified compared to the PC/Mac version. I never read anywhere that the bug also applies to the PC/Mac version. Also if I remember correctly the bug actually made it impossible to go to Marib. It was not a dead end in Marib itself.
corpse

Post by corpse »

have you tried right clinking the brush. from what i remember: you right click it first, then left.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Sorry, is this the place where you discuss issues that can be solved by looking up in the walkthrough? I guess not.
corpse

Post by corpse »

Nikioko wrote:Sorry, is this the place where you discuss issues that can be solved by looking up in the walkthrough? I guess not.
If you read Retardead first post it says he has looked through walkthoughs already. When I first played the game, I found walkthroughs not that clear for this bit as well.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

If George leave the spain without the calice there is a bug, after go to marib it's impossible to continue the game without the calice and it's also impossible to go back in spain (it's the chess enigma).
adamVM

Post by adamVM »

it took me forever to do this also. you have to go back to the bar and read the sign on the restroom door.then click on spit bucket next to the door,then go talk the cabbie again at the bar.he will tell you about the stolen brush.that is when you are able to click on the brush where the guy is.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

wow, this reminds me of the book in the book shop in king's quest 6. I had played the game so many times that I could not figure out why i couldn't pick that damn thing up or buy it. Finally I talked to the guy for a bit and when he mentioned the book it became an active object. I felt dumb....