Can i run Torin's passage ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Harrypoppins

Can i run Torin's passage ?

Post by Harrypoppins »

So i've tried to play it whith scummvm and big surprised it regognized this one (sierra game XD ). But when i launch the hame i've a error message T.T :
"
Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to the game type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: opcode 7e: Invalid

"

I play whith the cd version of the game on scummvm 1.1.0svn47625 on mac OSX Snow leopard (intel pc)
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Torin's Passage isn't "officially supported" yet. There is a work in progess SCI32 engine at the moment and it appears to be improving day by day. (If you download the daily subversion build) Torin's Passage crashes during the opening sequence and Space Quest 6 (another SCI32 game) crashes just when its about to start gameplay.

Your best bet is to wait until the engine improves.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hum, it's even worst: Torin's passage is using SCI2.1, so even more recent than SCI(3)2. It may take a while before is playable : serious things didn't even start on SCI2.1
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

As already mentioned, support for Torin's Passage is still very preliminary, and a big work in progress. Torin's Passage is SCI2.1. The term "SCI32" encompasses all SCI versions after SCI1.1 (i.e. SCI2, SCI2.1 and SCI3). Also refer to:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra_Game_Versions
Collector

Post by Collector »

Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I was going to mention that but HarryPoppins said it was the MacOS version of ScummVM. There is a MacOS version of DOSbox, it could still be done manually.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Could also use something like Parallels to install it and then create an alias to the Mac port of DOSBox to run it. It would just take some modification of the autoexec section of the config file to mount the folder as the C: drive. Otherwise, it is not that hard to manually set it up.

Too bad that I don't know how to use an NSIS like program for the Mac so I could port my installers to Mac.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Yep for mac users and Dos games there is boxer, very easy to use.