Games that can nicely be played on Symbian phones

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

brower

Games that can nicely be played on Symbian phones

Post by brower »

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone can say some games that can be played nicely on Scummvm for symbian.

What I would like to say is the gameplay... like Full Throttle. The game play very nicely, but the part where you are on the mine road and have to fight with the another motorcycles would be extremely hard without a mouse.

Then i would like to know from the players that already finished some games on scummvm in Symbian, what are those games and if the gameplay wasn't compromised without a "mouse".

I don't know if I maked myself clear. Sorry about bad english.

Have a nice day.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can always use a bluetooth mouse to increase playability for games that needs a mouse for playability.
brower

Post by brower »

Could you suggest a mouse model that works fine on Symbian? thanks!

But someone could suggest a game that could work without a mouse? To that times where we can't have a mouse, only the phone ;P
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I always thought that the part in FT when you're riding the bike would have worked great with accelerometer support. I know it's probably impossible to implement, but it would just add a lot to the control. :P
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I'm using a small Microsoft Notebook mouse 5000. Works very nicely with my 6120 classic.
VeRStie

Post by VeRStie »

I've played few games on my 5530 and worked well.
Full Throttle -> (i'm on corley motors now, i've not checked the destruction derby part, i'll tell you if it get complicated without a mouse. But the mine road part wasn't difficult, just a little tricky.)

The Dig -> Fully completed with no problems, the only issue i have was with sound, but it's solved if you have the non compresed version.

Loom -> No problems yet, i'm on the forge.

Bizarre adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble -> I've had some troubles when trying to scroll the screen, so i've left the game. I can't play it that way.

And that are the games i've tried, Fullthrottle and the dig, i've finished long time ago, the other games i was trying them for the first time.

Miguel Angel Alvarez...
...my review
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I played thru a bunch of games on my E52 without issues.
The Dig
Beneath a Steel Sky
Discworld
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island 2
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

so, basically, any game that doesn't require right click :P
Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd »

Ha, yeah pretty much. It's a pain in the ass to use right click on the Symbian port. Still plenty of good games to play through though. It's a shame they can't implement the 'double click = right click' usability of the iPhone port.

Also, I've found that if I occasionally need to do something that's too tricky on the phone, I just grab the save file and use it in the PC version of ScummVM to get past the bit that's causing problems.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Btw right click is working fine on keybased phones, only a big problem on those touch phones without any keys.