SCI enabling on iphone port ?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bsauvage

SCI enabling on iphone port ?

Post by bsauvage »

Hello devs,

Do you have any plans to enable SCI engine inside the iphone port of ScummVM?
I know the engine is still very much W.I.P. but on the PC port it's there in the latest builds. Just wodering what prevents it to be enables by default on the iphone as well ?

Thanks !
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: SCI enabling on iphone port ?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

bsauvage wrote:but on the PC port it's there in the latest builds.
It is? I thought the latest builds were based on the 1.0 branch, where SCI should be disabled.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

OK I was most likely referring to older builds, sorry about my inaccuracy.

Is there a plan to reactivate SCI after 1.0.0 final is out, and will it then be also activated on the iphone port ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Probably, unless there's some specific reason the iPhone couldn't handle it. But I'm not involved with the SCI engine, and I don't have an iPhone, so I have no idea when that might happen.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

SVN snapshot builds will typically have all engines enabled. There's the one the buildbot automatically builds every night, but the iPhone version takes a bit of manual effort to get working. I'll put up a .deb package with one at some point after 1.0.0.
yeah yeah

Post by yeah yeah »

i downloaded one of the daily builds from a while back that still had SCI enabled for the iphone. it wasn't stable at all. majority of them barely made it past the sierra logo.
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

Vinterstum wrote:SVN snapshot builds will typically have all engines enabled. There's the one the buildbot automatically builds every night, but the iPhone version takes a bit of manual effort to get working. I'll put up a .deb package with one at some point after 1.0.0.
Cool... looking forward to it !!

Yup I'm sure it will be unstable and all but I see in the daily builds that a lot of work is being done on SCI and I can't wait .... !!!
kprojekt

Post by kprojekt »

Any news on sci or a .deb package with it enabled? Very little news for months. A shame, the iPhone is an ideal adventure game device
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

kprojekt wrote:Any news on sci or a .deb package with it enabled? Very little news for months. A shame, the iPhone is an ideal adventure game device
There's no point in announcing an engine which is still in heavy development
bsauvage

Post by bsauvage »

First of all, congratulations to the Dev team for release 1.0.0 !!!!! This is awesome...

Second: I've been hitting instant crash issues when installing either the daily builds or the daily trunks on iphone forthe past 2 months. This wasn't the case before. Is this behaviour specific to my iphone (3GS running 3.1.2) or is it the case as well for everybody else ?

Many thanks!
sektor666

Post by sektor666 »

Bump! So is there any way to enable SCI support on the iPhone? Tried running Freddy Pharkas on the Cydia version and it didn't recognize the game :(

Nevermind! I got it working by downloading a nightly build and copying over via iFile the files from the tar.bz2 to the folder of the app installed from Cydia. SCI works now, though its performance is poor at best :( Good to see some progress though!
yeah yeah

Post by yeah yeah »

Glad to see al the progress going on with the SCI with the daily iPhone builds. Now the games are actually "playable". Real great :)
Nixxon22

Post by Nixxon22 »

Last edited by Nixxon22 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

That link doesn't work for me. Perhaps you meant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2sCx98jFdw instead?

Edit: The link above has been corrected now.
Niklasva

Post by Niklasva »

How do you get them to work? Every time I launch a SCI game, I see the Sierra logo then the phone reboots.