Full Throttle Problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rabbi_in_Red

Full Throttle Problems

Post by Rabbi_in_Red »

So I found some old games the other day that I used to love (Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Monkey Island) and I reallyy wanted to play them. After doing a little research, I discovered DOSBox and ScummVM. I first tried using DOSBox, but I couldn't get it to work with Full Throttle. When I tried using ScummVM, I got to the point where you need to extract the the datafiles, but every time I try to extract the "Full Throttle Data" from the the cd, it won't copy onto my computer. It goes for a couple minutes, and then it says that it can't complete it. I can't understand why this is happening.. I don't know what else to do. Someone pleaseeeee help me out..I can't wait to play these games!

Just so you know, I have little to no experience with this kind of stuff, so I'm really in need of help here..

(By the way, I'm using mac os x..)
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

it's no brain surgery, your CD is most likely scratched so much that it's unreadable. Try cleaning it and try again.
Rabbi_in_Red

Post by Rabbi_in_Red »

Maybe, but I don't think thats the case. The game is recognized when I put it into the computer, I just can't play it.
raina

Post by raina »

Rabbi_in_Red wrote:The game is recognized when I put it into the computer, I just can't play it.
A scratched disc can easily do just that. The scratch can be a small one, making only a part of the disc unreadable. I've gotten CDs to work before by washing them using my fingers and some dish washing liquid under gently running water. There are also disc cleaning kits and repair kits available for more serious damage.
ricksauer

Post by ricksauer »

Try some toothpaste as well.
jameswalker85

Post by jameswalker85 »

Don't use toothpaste, many of them now contain micro-particles that can scratch your disc further. Instead, use a wax-based furniture polish. The wax will fill in any scratches. Then, wipe of gently, and your disc should be fine.
raina

Post by raina »

I believe the micro particles in toothpastes and disc repair kits are supposed to even scratched areas by smoothing, like sand paper.