HELP: Operation Stealth - All riddles disabled !!!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CrazySuperstar

HELP: Operation Stealth - All riddles disabled !!!

Post by CrazySuperstar »

Hi there,

yesterday I downloaded the normal scummvm rc1-Version and tried to start my "Operation stelath" game.
I could perfectly add it within ScummVM and start it, but then...

==> The game started, but ALL THE RIDDLES DON'T WORK AT ALL !!!.

For example:
When I arrive at the airport (right at the beginning of the game), I can't find the coin in the coin-return-slot.
When I examine the coin-return-slot I receive neither any text-message nor any other reaction of the game.
So it appears as if I had not examined the coin slot at all.
All the other texts (like e.g. "this is a newspaper-machine" work great. But the MAIN-texts and -reactions DON'T.
The system doesn't seem to react on any riddles.

I tried 2 different Version:
1. PC-Dos VErsion (englisch)
2. Amiga Version (German)

BOTH Versions react THE SAME WAY. Both Versions have the SAME PROBLEMS.

So it must be a misstake of the scummVM!

Could anyone please try it with the same scummvm-Version and tell me? Please!

Regards,
Manuel
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Operation Stealth is still unsupported, so missing things like these are normal...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: HELP: Operation Stealth - All riddles disabled !!!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

CrazySuperstar wrote: yesterday I downloaded the normal scummvm rc1-Version and tried to start my "Operation stelath" game.
I could perfectly add it within ScummVM and start it, but then...
The game isn't supported yet, so it's probably a mistake that it's able to detect it.
CrazySuperstar

Post by CrazySuperstar »

Is it really still unsupported?

But why is it posted in this list:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles

And when do you expect this game to be supported. Is there a schedule / plan available.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

As soon as you finish the coding, it will be added to the list of supported games.
The list of datafiles is not the same as that list.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

There is no schedule. People work on this in their spare time, for fun. So it could take anything from 1 week (very unlikely) to many months (likely) to years, or even never (quite possible, too, sadly).
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

Wasn't this included in last years GSoC? What happened to it? The last blog post I read about it seemed to point to a rather complete implementation.
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Re: HELP: Operation Stealth - All riddles disabled !!!

Post by Buddha »

CrazySuperstar wrote: When I examine the coin-return-slot I receive neither any text-message nor any other reaction of the game.
So it appears as if I had not examined the coin slot at all.
All the other texts (like e.g. "this is a newspaper-machine" work great. But the MAIN-texts and -reactions DON'T.
This is a side-effect of my r33872 fix for being able to free the girl from the ropes at the bottom of the ocean later in the game. Implementing executePlayerInput-function properly for Operation Stealth should fix the problem. It's a big function, I've done quite a bit of work on it already, but there's quite a bit of work still to do. When I/someone get around to it...

Links to related info:
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... sion=33872
http://buddhahacks.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... mmers-end/ (The "Status update"-part)
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Post by Buddha »

Bobbin wrote:Wasn't this included in last years GSoC? What happened to it? The last blog post I read about it seemed to point to a rather complete implementation.
I've been working a day job nowadays and haven't put that much work into ScummVM lately. What I have done is I fixed the problems with the non-rotating doors in the labyrinth arcade sequence in Operation Stealth (The very same problem I mentioned in my last blog post in http://buddhahacks.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... mmers-end/). I haven't tried playing further yet and fixing executePlayerInput properly would be the next thing to do so the game would be playable again... (playable doesn't mean completable though).